Subject: Re: [ippm] Reordering drafts

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:20:25 -0500

I think the plan looks good.  But, 

> * We will add a stable reference to the CSU draft in the group draft.
> 
> * We propose that the WG will not pick up the CSU draft as a WG document,
>    as there seems to be no support for this.

I can't make these two points jive in my head.  Can you explain how you
intend to make a stable reference in the group draft?

allman

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:25:03 -0500

It will be a stable reference to the *work*, not the draft.
Al

---

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:57:59 -0500

> It will be a stable reference to the *work*, not the draft.

Well, that is not what Henk's note said.  And, I am still not sure what
you even mean ... When we cite "work" it's usually in document form.
How is this envisioned to look in the group document?

And, to be a little more verbose and to the point ... if it is important
enough to have a "stable reference" in the group draft then why is it
not important enough to issue a real document about the CSU stuff?  I
don't mean to be pedantic here, but that confuses me.

allman

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 12:12:44 -0500

At 10:57 AM 1/9/2006, Mark Allman wrote:
>Well, that is not what Henk's note said.

Right, something I clarified off-list,
since I-Ds not stable by definition.

>And, I am still not sure what
It's an Informative Reference, cited as part of the ACKs.

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:48:45 +0100

>since I-Ds not stable by definition.

Right, sorry, typed faster than I thought.  Henk

>It's an Informative Reference, cited as part of the ACKs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1160438400. Watch this space...

---

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:04:59 -0500

> Right, sorry, typed faster than I thought.  Henk

Huh?

A reference in the acknowledgments?  How very odd.  And, a reference to
what?  Something stable, I guess ... but, not something that we want to
publish?  This entire thread is confusing the hell out of me.  Can Henk
or Matt type out a few sentences of what the original note should have
said?

Thanks,
allman

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:07:36 +0100

>or Matt type out a few sentences of what the original note should have

An informative reference to a stable version of their work.  They have
published a number of papers at conferences, these can be considered
stable.  I'd put the reference in the introduction or in a related
work section, but I leave that to the authors.

Henk