Subject: [ippm] Open source ITU-T G.1050 IP impairment simulation/ emulation software

From: "Alan Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:38:08 -0400

IPPM members may be interested in the new ITU-T G.1050 / TIA 921 IP
impairment simulation/emulation model.  This uses an impulse driven time
series model to emulate the packet delays introduced by a network "stage",
which may be a LAN, access router etc. 
 
Telchemy developed the original algorithm for this and also maintained the
reference implementation associated with the TIA and ITU projects.  We
decided to make this available free of any IPR and also to make the source
code freely available.  Obviously, if anyone would like copies of the
associated TIA and ITU standards they would need to purchase these from TIA
and ITU respectively.   The software and some documentation is available on
www.telchemy.com/telsim.html - we would welcome technical comments related
to this software, and would appreciate feedback on applications. 

Alan Clark
Telchemy

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm