Subject: [ippm] draft-shalunov-ippm-reporting

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 07:48:20 +0200

IPPM Group,

We have been discussing draft-shalunov-ippm-reporting quite a lot over
the last weeks.  Since the document fits well within our charter and
seems to generate interest, the chairs propose to make this a working
group document.

If there are any strong objections, please let us know in the next
days (bearing in mind that Thursday is public holiday in most of Europe
and Monday in the US).

Matt & Henk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1160438400. Watch this space... 

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 07:58:20 -0400

>seems to generate interest, the chairs propose to make this a working

Henk,

One of the last comments I made was that this draft
desperately needed a Scope section. Without a scope,
it's not clear whether this new work would overlap
the existing IPPM work or not.

Let me add that there is at least one different perspective
on the reporting topic, and another draft is in
preparation (it's nearly ready for publication).
This initial draft will address just
a few of the controversial points raised by
draft-shalunov-ippm-reporting.

regards,
Al

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:38:40 +0200

Al,

>the existing IPPM work or not.

I agree with this, we (well the authors) should add this and then
the whole world can comment.

>draft-shalunov-ippm-reporting.

In general (and as a member of the group), I like to see one document
that reflects what the group is thinking, rather than two competing
documents for the same problem space.  OTOH, if a competing document
helps the discussion, post it.  We can discuss the issues, then see
how to merge it into one document that reflects consensus.

Henk