Subject: [ippm] [Fwd: Creation of nettest mailing list]

From: Matthew J Zekauskas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:59:36 -0400

This might be of interest to some on this list.  I apologize
if it means you receive multiple copies... (as far as I know
Dan hasn't sent it to IPPM yet).

--Matt

Subject: Creation of nettest mailing list
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Ops-Nm (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>, "Netconf (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:02:15 +0300
List-Id: Working Group Chairs <wgchairs.ietf.org>

This is an announcement for the creation of the NETTEST mail list

 [email-masked]

General information about the mailing list is at:

  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nettest

Craig Brown ([email-masked]) is the administrator of the list. 

The purpose of the list is to open the discussions for proposing a new
specification for the development of a protocol for the management of
network test devices in the areas of data, voice, video, security, and
storage. 

The end goal is to submit an I-D and discuss a request for a BOF. 

In preparation we will discuss:

. The NETTEST charter - "the development a protocol for the management
of network test devices in the areas of data, voice, video, security,
and storage"

. The goals of NETTEST

. Some of the discussions to develop the I-D will include:

	. Experiences already learnt from the current API specifications
	. Review existing standards to understand what fits
	. Outline the NETTEST protocol layer that the technologies will
use
	. The method of managing data structures

The expectation is to not come to a final decision of all technology
specifics prior to the BoF, but to instead have detailed explanations
and group understanding of the NETTEST objectives and technology
overview.

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm