Subject: [ippm] [Fwd: Tunneling performance presentation in OPS Area Open meeting]

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:41:31 +0100

For people who are interested in this...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Tunneling performance presentation in OPS Area Open meeting
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:08:15 +0200
From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) <[email-masked]>

IPPM and BMWG chairs,

I would like to draw your attention on an item on the agenda of the OPS
area meeting tomorrow, that may touch the scope of your working groups.

7. Late Submission - requirements to tunneling protocols OAM - KIKUCHI
Yutaka (total: 15 min)

This draft describes requirements to measure end-to-end qualities of
tunnels
passively and to monitor them via SNMP. This feature is necessary for
Service
Providers, especially, who provide transports to users using tunnels. In
addition, the draft shows an example to measure Generic Routing
Encapsulation
(GRE) tunnels.

I-D:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kikuchi-tunnel-measure-req-00.
txt

I saw a preview of the presentation today. The authors refer to metrics
and methods for determining the performance of tunneled traffic by
passive measurements at egress. As there may be relevant work already
going on in your WGs, or maybe this contribution potentially requires
new work in your space, I would suggest that you attend the meeting if
you are available, and have a look at this work.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Lawyer: "Now sir, I'm sure you are an intelligent and honest man--"
# Witness: "Thank you. If I weren't under oath, I'd return the compliment."

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm