Subject: [ippm] Packet loss metric comparison

From: "Alan Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 10:07:48 -0400

I've written a simple C program that generates packet loss distributions and
applies various packet loss metrics including some of the IPPM loss pattern
metrics and the gap/burst model from RFC3611.  The aim of this is to
facilitate the comparison of metrics in terms of their usefulness and
ability to characterize loss distribution.  I would be happy to make the
source code for this available to anyone interested.
 
Currently the program implements a GE model with heavily randomized
parameters and can also import an RLC encoded gap length file.  There is
provision in the code to implement a higher order Markov model - other
suggestions for loss models would be welcome.
 
Regards
 
Alan Clark
Telchemy
 
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm