Subject: htmlReuters reports on a study confirming that calorie restriction can extend healthy life span in mice even if started in old age.

From: "Clark Rosemary" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 13:47:34 +0400

GPSI Announces Market Attack Into $1 Trillion Market!

Global Payment Solutions
Symbol: GPSI
Price: $0.03

GPSI announced its plans to address the huge influx of immigrant workers
into the US that need banking solutions that they otherwise would not
qualify for. This market is expected to represent over $1 Trillion
dollars to be managed by 2008. GPSI provides viable solutions to this
market. This is hot, read the news and watch for more Monday! Get on
GPSI first thing Monday!

You might also be interested to read related posts on the ubiquity of
the Tithonus Error and why longer lives won't be boring. This is why we
must advocate and support serious medical research in the fight to cure
aging.
"Before you know it one of my friends or I will be coming for you, put
us out of work before we do. Please read our disclaimer, privacy
statement and advertising policy.
Serious science could cure aging in our lifetimes: we just have to
unlock the public support and resources to make this happen.
The modern Three Hundred will, through modest donations and the work of
the Methuselah Foundation, win time for scientists to fight and defeat
the aging process itself. How much longer can European and US
governments continue to block and criminalize this vital research? As
Joe Waynick puts it: "Any organization with such a vocal and active
membership is worthy of serious consideration by government. I'll be the
first to admit that, unlike Aubrey de Grey, I'm very driven by my own
personal stake in the matter. This sort of program will also serve well
for other causes as it is expanded, such as the political battle over
regenerative medicine and vital stem cell research.
David Ewing Duncan writes a good article on the state of healthy life
extension, covering a fair slice of what's hot right now in related
genetic and animal studies. This horrible outcome happens to everyone,
but the medical research and funding communities have not yet fully
risen to the challenge. A wave is slowly rising and gaining strength:
efforts by diverse groups to advocate, promote and educate are beginning
to noticeably influence mainstream culture and media.
This is the sort of nonsense compromise that we humans produce in our
attempts at politics, but I suppose that this is still far better than
the alternatives. " We can now add immune system deficiencies to the
long list of medical conditions open to stem cell based therapies.
It's a good example of the sort of incremental improvement in medical
technology that we will see thousands of times over in years to come.
The continuing attempts to halt research that promises near-term cures
for all the most common age-related conditions, as well as a host of
other currently incurable diseases, is saddening. " In other words, we
won't see major progress until politicians stop trying to ban this
research. This said, it is important to note that humans are not like
worms, and translating successes in mice into successes in humans is not
always straightforward either.
Scientists understand far more about the way in which calorie
restriction works these days, so we should start to see results in a few
years. The sooner the better!
htmlRandall Parker at FuturePundit offers a good example of the way in
which progress in bioinformatics is making medical science faster and
better. It isn't quite living color, I'll admit, but this map of the
healthy life extension community does look pretty in the right light.
Years of delay have already happened.
From the article: "Stem cells from teeth can be influenced to grow into
tissue other than teeth.
In particular, the work on changes in gene expression that occur with
calorie restriction is interesting and promising.
We all need to speak out and make our voices heard in order to bring
about a better future for health, advanced medicine and longevity. All
pointing the way to longer, healthier lives. Given his position as a
human rubber stamp for US administration policies, Kass' views should
give us all pause for thought. This is not unexpected, as CR causes gene
expression changes, but some scientists have assumed beneficial effects
stem only from weight loss.
INTERESTING ITEMS FROM FIGHT AGING!
It isn't quite living color, I'll admit, but this map of the healthy
life extension community does look pretty in the right light.
How is it that people can put small unthinking, unfeeling collections of
less than a hundred cells ahead of the terrible suffering of hundreds of
millions worldwide?
You might also be interested to read related posts on the ubiquity of
the Tithonus Error and why longer lives won't be boring. This would be a
tremendous advance in the treatment of autoimmune diseases, lukemia, and
similar disorders.
Click here to see how easy it is. All pointing the way to longer,
healthier lives. "Investors in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology
industries aren't committing billions of dollars, largely because
society hasn't clearly decided whether the research is moral.