Subject: [ippm] [Fwd: MONAM 2007: Call for papers MONAM 2007]

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 07:37:24 +0200

FYI, Please accept our appologies for multiple receptions of this Call for
Papers.

- - -

Call for Paper for the second IEEE    Workshop on  "Monitoring, Attack
Detection and Mitigation" MONAM 2007

http://www.laas.fr/MonAM2007/cfp.htm

Monday 5 / Tuesday 6 November, 2007 LAAS-CNRS Toulouse, France

Purpose and Format

The intention of this workshop foster interaction among researchers from
the industry, universities, and other research institutes on various
aspects of network monitoring, attack detection and mitigation, suitable
for high-speed networks.

The workshop not at the second edition aims to provide a forum for
presenting and discussing recent work, as well as ongoing and planned
projects. The workshop will consist of a number of short presentations
and discussion on current research, hot topics, position statements, and
controversial opinions, as well as practical demonstrations.

The workshop is in the spirit of the IEEE workshop series on High Speed
Networking (c.f. http://www.comsoc.org/tcgn/activities.html ), and aims
to be relatively small (not more than 60 participants), with a
considerable amount of time devoted to informal discussion.

The topics of the workshop include but are not limited to:

o high-speed network monitoring o network anomaly detection o denial of
service attack detection and mitigation o intrusion and worm detection o
attack response mechanisms o policy based mechanisms for detection and
response o high speed firewalling technology o network honeypots o use
of overlay and peer-to-peer networks for detection and mitigation o
detection and mitigation of attacks in overlay networks o attack
detection and mitigation in mobile networks

The workshop format will include invited keynote presentations as well
as short presentations selected from the submissions.

Accepted submissions will be published in workshop proceedings with ISBN
number and will be made available on the Web.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information to Contributers

The following types of contributions are invited:

o *Research papers* of up to 6 pages, presenting original, recent and
innovative research results or developments within the scope of the
workshop. o *Extended abstracts* of up to 3 pages, presenting ongoing or
planned projects, work in progress, or small yet novel research results.
o *Demonstrations* that present original developments. Demonstration
submissions should be short, specifying the functionality of the
demonstrator, and stating the technical requirements in terms of space
and equipment. o *Panel proposals.* We welcome proposals for panels of
high relevance to the workshop. Panels are expected to be composed of a
moderating chair plus approximately three panelists. A one to two page
abstract suitable for inclusion in the proceedings should accompany the
proposal.

Submissions are reviewed, and selected contributions will be included in
the workshop proceedings.

Submissions of papers and extended abstracts are due by 22 June 2007.
Submissions must be in PDF.

Submission Upload

Submissions can be done via the JEMS system web upload *here
<https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=522>*.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Dates

Submission deadline: 22 June 2007 Notification of Acceptance: 17 August
2007 Submission of camera-ready papers: 14 September 2007 Worskshop
dates:5 and 6 November 2007

Organising Committee

General Chairs:

o Radu State, INRIA Lorraine o Philippe Owezarski, CNRS-LAAS, France

Steering members

o Morris Sloman, Imperial College London o Olivier Paul, GET-INT o Georg
Carle, University of Tuebingen

Technical Programm Committee

Ehab Al-Shaer, DePaul University

Rémi Badonnel, Loria, France

Torsten Braun, University of Bern, Switzerland

Georg Carle, University of Tuebingen, Germany

Isabelle Chrisment, University Nancy1, France

Yannick Carlinet, France Telecom, R&D Division, France

Joachim Charzinski, Siemens AG, Germany

Frederic Cuppens, ENST-Bretagne, France

Hervé Debar, France Telecom R&D, France

Yves Deswarte, LAAS-CNRS

Eric Filiol, ESAT, France

David Hutchison, Lancaster University, GB

Mohamed Kaaniche, LAAS-CNRS, France

Martin May, ETH, Zurich, Switzerland

Ludovic Mé, SUPELEC , France

Hermann de Meer, University of Passau

Saverio Niccolini, NEC Europe Ltd.UK

Olivier Paul, GET-INTEhab

Guenther Schaeffer, Technische Universitaet Illmenau, Germany

Dorgham Sisalem, Tekelec, Germany

Vrizlynn Thing,Imperial College, UK

Henk Uijterwaal, RIPE NCC

Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville, UFRGS, Brazil

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Lawyer: "Now sir, I'm sure you are an intelligent and honest man--"
# Witness: "Thank you. If I weren't under oath, I'd return the compliment."

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm