Subject: [ippm] Draft-ietf-ippm-duplicate-01.txt

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:42:39 +0200

Dear All,

I've just submitted an update for this draft.  Main change is in the
statistics section.  There are now 2 statistics defined:

  * Type-P-one-way-packet-duplication-average
    This shows the number of packets additional packets received in
    a stream.
  * Type-P-one-way-packet-duplication-rate
    This shows the number of packets with any duplication in a stream.

The example section shows how the two complement each other.

Questions to the group:

  1. The draft relies heavily on RFC 2680 (the loss metrics).
     So-far, I've simply put "refer to 2680" everywhere it does.  Is this
     sufficient or do we want to cut and paste relevant text?

  2. Is there anything that has to go into the ITU Y.1540 section?

And finally: are there any other comments on this draft, or do people agree
that it is ready to go.

Henk

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Lawyer: "Now sir, I'm sure you are an intelligent and honest man--"
# Witness: "Thank you. If I weren't under oath, I'd return the compliment."

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm