Subject: [ippm] Document Exchange Area for Packet Performance

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:32:17 -0400

IPPM'ers,

At the IETF-68 meeting, I gave a short Liaison report from
the IP Performance Question (17) at ITU-T SG 12 and mentioned
that work had begun on a Multicast Performance Parameter (=Metric)
Recommendation (Y.IPmulti).  This is intended to complement
Y.1540, which specifies point-point performance parameters,
and goes beyond the current IPPM scope in that it specifies
performance parameters for IGMP join and leave performance.
I was hoping for comments/feedback from the IPPM WG before
SG 12 meets again in October 2007.

It was rightly pointed out (by Matt and Lars, I think) that
some method for IPPM to access the draft docs was needed.
So, I volunteered to see about creating such a facility with
the ITU-T's blessing, and that's exactly what I'm announcing
in this message.

The site is here:
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com12/packet/index.html

and HTML access to Y.IPmulti and Y.1540 (revision for approval
in October) is available (albeit, both in word format at the
moment) http://ftp3.itu.ch/packet/  If there's sufficient need,
I'll make .pdf available in the future (tried OpenOffice?).

The IPPM WG chairs and I will have FTP posting privileges on the site,
so if there is a perf. document you would like to bring to the attention
of a wider community for comment, especially the ITU-T, then send
it to Henk, Matt, or me.

Regards,
Al
(as Rapporteur of Q17, ITU-T SG 12)

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm