Subject: [ippm] Advancement of metrics specifications on the IETF Standards Track

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:43:23 +0200

IPPM group,

As you all know, the IPPM group has interested in moving its metrics
(RFCs 2678-2681) to a standard for a long time.   This requires that
there are 2 or more independent and interoperable implementations of the
various metrics.  While these implementations exists, there is no
known process to determine whether they are interoperable.

A possible process was proposed a long time ago in draft

   Advancement of metrics specifications on the IETF Standards Track
   draft-bradner-metricstest-02.txt

This draft has recently been resubmitted.

The authors (and we)'d like to see some review of the suggested process.
So, we'd like to ask you to read and comment on this draft.

Matt & Henk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Lawyer: "Now sir, I'm sure you are an intelligent and honest man--"
# Witness: "Thank you. If I weren't under oath, I'd return the compliment."

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm