Subject: [ippm] RE: draft-morton-ippm-reporting-metrics-03 (was: ippm Digest, Vol 42, Issue 3)

From: "Konish Jr., Stephen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:36:53 -0800

Re: draft-morton-ippm-reporting-metrics-03

Hi...

A few quick comments:

1) I like how section 4 separates the discussion for the delay metric
into the two points-of-view.  I would be nice to see the same format
applied to section 3 where it's not as obvious how to interpret the
discussion for each point-of-view.  A synopsis sentence in the beginning
of the section and/or at the end might help here.

2) Question: I am not exactly sure what you mean by "forks" in this
context in section 4.1.1 and again in section 4.3.  I think I know, but
I would like to be sure.  Please clarify.

3) silly comments: 

a) It would be great if we could spell out the ipdv acronym in section
4.1.3 before it's used (simply for readability).

b) 'seconds' is mispelled in section 6.2, 

c) and Gomathi's address has an extra comma in it.

Regards,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
IPPM,

This individual draft has just been revised.
The new material in primarily in:
   6.2.  Long-Term Reporting Considerations . . . . . . . . . . . . 12

I hope to have a discussion of this new material at IETF-70, and any
other comments of course, so please have a look at this draft.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morton-ippm-reporting-metrics-
03.txt

regards,
Al

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:38:40 -0500

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your comments
(and for working on Saturday to prepare them).

A few quick responses, below.  I will submit the
04 version before the deadline.

Al

>of the section and/or at the end might help here.

Good suggestion, 04 will have this.

>I would like to be sure.  Please clarify.

It's from "forks in the road" - I've clarified the intent in 04:
(4.3) ... where subsequent processing depends on
whether the packet arrives or times-out,

>3) silly comments:

Thanks, they all help.

>c) and Gomathi's address has an extra comma in it.

Yes, so did mine, both are fixed now.

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:29:03 -0500

The 04 version is now available, as promised.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morton-ippm-reporting-metrics-04.txt

Al