Subject: [ippm] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-morton-ippm-delay-var-as-04.txt

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:36:27 -0500

FYI - we didn't change the filename on this new charter work item,
except to increment the version number.

There have been substantial changes and additions to this draft that
address many comments on the list from August and September.
The slide deck will summarize what was said and what was done.

Also, the authors have added new material on their own initiative,
as a result of their on-going discussions.

>From: [email-masked]
>Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:40:02 -0500
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>         Title           : Packet Delay Variation Applicability Statement
>         Author(s)       : A. Morton, B. Claise
>         Filename        : draft-morton-ippm-delay-var-as-04.txt
>         Pages           : 38
>         Date            : 2007-11-18
>
>Packet delay variation metrics appear in many different standards
>documents.  The metric definition in RFC 3393 has considerable
>flexibility, and it allows multiple formulations of delay variation
>through the specification of different packet selection functions.
>
>Although flexibility provides wide coverage and room for new ideas,
>it can make comparisons of independent implementations more
>difficult.  Two different formulations of delay variation have come
>into wide use in the context of active measurements.  This memo
>examines a range of circumstances for active measurements of delay
>variation and their uses, and recommends which of the two forms is
>best matched to particular conditions and tasks.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morton-ippm-delay-var-as-04.txt

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm