Subject: [ippm] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Two-way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP)
	Author(s)	: J. Babiarz, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-05.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2007-11-13
	
The IPPM One-way Active Measurement Protocol [RFC4656] (OWAMP) 
    provides a common protocol for measuring one-way metrics between 
    network devices.  OWAMP can be used bi-directionally to measure 
    one-way metrics in both directions between two network elements.  
    However, it does not accommodate round-trip or two-way 
    measurements.  This memo specifies a Two-way Active Measurement 
    Protocol (TWAMP), based on the OWAMP, that adds two-way or 
    round-trip measurement capabilities.  The TWAMP measurement 
    architecture is usually comprised of two hosts with specific roles, 
    and this allows for some protocol simplifications, making it an 
    attractive alternative in some circumstances.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm