Subject: [ippm] Re:draft-ietf-ippm-framework-compagg-05

From: "Fardid, Reza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:27:47 -0800

Hi Al and Steven,

I have read this draft with interest and have a number of questions and
comments:

Section 3.6

R-factor is a valid example of an index as defined here, however, it is
composed of both IP performance metrics and analog metrics.

On this basis, is it within scope of this draft?

Another relevant index composed of IP performance metrics is MDI, per
rfc4445.

Section 4.1

Is the comment referring to forecasting of one metric from another,
whose temporally aggregated measurements are available?

If so, then I fail to see how this is feasible given that the primary
metrics have been defined to be orthogonal.

Section 4.5

Another example will be helpful here.

In particular, if a composed metric is derived from dissimilar metrics,
e.g., R-factor or MDI, then can one make a general statement or provide
guidance 

with respect to the order of composition to minimize measurement error?

For instance, is it preferred to compose sub-path R-factor or MDI
metrics (assuming their composition functions are defined) derived from
primary metrics, or compose the sub-path primary metrics first, followed
by R-factor or MDI composition?

Is there statistical or empirical evidence to support either order in
general?

Regards,

Reza Fardid

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm