Subject: [ippm] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Two-way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP)
	Author(s)	: J. Babiarz, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-06.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2007-12-18
	
The IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) working group's One-way Active 
    Measurement Protocol [RFC4656] (OWAMP) provides a common protocol 
    for measuring one-way metrics between network devices.  OWAMP can 
    be used bi-directionally to measure one-way metrics in both 
    directions between two network elements.  However, it does not 
    accommodate round-trip or two-way measurements.  This memo 
    specifies a Two-way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP), based on 
    the OWAMP, that adds two-way or round-trip measurement 
    capabilities.  The TWAMP measurement architecture is usually 
    comprised of two hosts with specific roles, and this allows for 
    some protocol simplifications, making it an attractive alternative 
    in some circumstances.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm