Subject: [ippm] CFP: The Fourth IEEE LCN Workshop on Network Measurements, in conjunction with the 34th IEEE LCN

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:38:56 +0100

Sincere apologies for duplication, if you have received it through other channels.

Call for Papers:

    WNM 2009
    Fourth IEEE LCN Workshop on Network Measurements, in conjunction with the 34th IEEE LCN
     (http://www.cnrl.colostate.edu/IEEELCN-WNM2009/)
     
     October 20-23, 2009
     Swissôtel Zürich, Schulstrasse 44, CH-8050 Zürich, Switzerland

     The LCN International Workshop on Network Measurements, will be held in 
     conjunction with the IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN). 
     The workshop will include papers and panels dealing with latest advances and 
     challenges facing the field. The expected audience will include networking 
     researchers, practitioners, scientists and engineers from industry, 
     academia and government.  LCN registration will cover  workshop attendance.
     The first three IEEE LCN Workshop on Network Measurements was very 
     successful in bringing together a set of participants actively working on 
     network measurements in various domains. We will continue  to address 
     network measurements from different perspectives and different domains.  

     Topics of Interest:

     Network measurements are crucial for operation, diagnosis, and 
     characterization of complex networks. Accurate characterization is 
     important for understanding the behavior of networks and for evaluating 
     the scalability, reliability and performance of protocols. Cross-layer 
     designs, and overlay protocols often rely on measurements. Measurements in 
     wired and wireless domains, and end-to-end and subnet measurements face 
     domain specific constraints while sharing common objectives. Complex 
     dynamics of the networks and also the difficulties in performing 
     measurement itself pose many challenges. This workshop will provide a 
     forum for researchers and practitioners interested in network measurements 
     to discuss and exchange measurement related research in both wireless and 
     wired domains, and also explore emerging fields of measurements such as on 
     mobile devices.
 
     High quality, previously unpublished work is solicited on the topics 
     including, but not limited to:

       Measurements on homogeneous and heterogeneous networks 
       Physical layer characteristics and measurements for wireless networks 
       Implementation and operational challenges of wireless testbeds 
       Mobility models and traffic patterns 
       Wired and wireless domain measurements 
       Measurement tools, benchmarks and data sets 
       Bandwidth, capacity and delay estimation 
       Active and passive measurements at core nodes 
       End-to-end and/or application-level measurements over the Internet 
       Metrics for network characterization 
       Measurements on Mobile devices 
       Applications and protocols relying on network measurements

     Paper length should not exceed 6 pages. Papers should be submitted 
     electronically in PDF format via EDAS.  Papers will go through a thorough 
     review process. The accepted papers will appear in the IEEE LCN conference 
     proceedings and also be available via IEEE Xplore.
     Proposals for panel sessions are also invited. Please send the proposal by 
     the same deadline as for papers. 

     Important Dates:

     Paper registration deadline: April 6,  2009
     Paper submission deadline:   April 13, 2009
     Notification of acceptance:  June  30, 2009
     Camera-ready paper due:      July  28, 2009
     Registration deadline:  	  July  28, 2009

     Information on registration, hotel, etc.  is available at IEEE Conference 
     on Local Computer Networks (LCN)

     General Chairs:

           Nischal M. Piratla 
           Deutsche Telekom, Inc.,
           R&D Lab
           5050 El Camino Real
           Los Altos 94022, USA
           [email-masked]

	   Anura P. Jayasumana 
           Computer Networking Research Laboratory
           Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
           Colorado State University
           Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
           [email-masked]

      Program Committee

          TBA

-----
Nischal M. Piratla, Ph.D.
Innovation Development
5050 El Camino Real, Suite 221, Los Altos, CA 94022, USA
Ernst-Reuter-Platz 7, 10587, Berlin, Germany

Voice: + 1 (650) 335 4120
            + 49 (30) 8353 54120
Fax:     + 1 (650) 335 4101
             + 49 (30) 8353 58409
            
Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Ulrich Lehner (Vorsitzender)
Vorstand: René Obermann (Vorsitzender), Dr. Karl-Gerhard Eick (stellvertretender Vorsitzender), Hamid Akhavan, Dr. Manfred Balz, Reinhard Clemens, Timotheus Höttges, Thomas Sattelberger
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 6794, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
WEEE-Reg.-Nr.: DE50478376