Subject: [ippm] Editorial team to work on "advancement of metrics draft".

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:30:39 +0200

IPPM Group,

Our charter has this work item:

    The working group will advance these metrics along the standards track
    within the IETF. The WG will document the process of moving documents
    along the standards track, based on draft-bradner-metricstest. As this
    process is likely to be needed by other groups as well (in particular
    BMWG, PMOL), the group will collaborate with other groups in order to
    ensure that there is consensus amongst all groups expected to use the
    process.

At our meeting in SF last week, we asked for volunteers for a small team
(5-7 people) to work on this document.  Several people voluntered but we
feel that those not present should also have a chance to volunteer.  The
team is expected to have a 1st draft ready mid-June, in time for discussion
in Stockholm.

If you are interested in this topic, then please drop us a note.  Those
who already contacted us (Ruediger, Mike, Carol, Al, Scott) do not have
to repeat this.  We hope to assemble the team next week (April 7).

Matt & Henk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belgium: an unsolvable problem, discussed in endless meetings, with no
          hope for a solution, where everybody still lives happily.