Subject: [ippm] Clearing RFC 5357 errata

From: Matthew J Zekauskas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:39:42 -0400

Hi,

Henk and I have been asked to work on clearing out the RFC Editor Errata
queue for IPPM RFCs.  There were a bunch submitted for RFC 5357.

You can see them here:
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5357>

What we need to do is have you (as authors) look at them, and decide if
you think they are
  - in the correct catagory (technical or editorial)
  - Verified  (an interoperability issue that needs to change)
      (we can suggest alternate wording or solution)
  - Rejected  (not applicable)
  - Hold for document update (something that should be considered the
next time the document is updated, but isn't important enough to make a
statement about now).

Guidelines for making these decisions are at
<http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/iesg-statement-07-30-2008.txt>

and more information on what the catagories and states represent are at
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/status_type_desc.html> .

Would you look and give us your opinions by close of business Friday,
April 24?

Thanks,

--Matt

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:58:32 -0400

At 01:39 PM 3/23/2009, Matthew J Zekauskas wrote:
>...Would you look and give us your opinions by close of business Friday,
>April 24?

I did look through them about a month ago, and
there may have been something minor I disagreed with,
but the vast majority were "valid" errors, with decent corrections.

I'm not too familiar with the process, need to check it out...
Al