Subject: [ippm] RFC 5560 on A One-Way Packet Duplication Metric

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 15:38:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5560

        Title:      A One-Way Packet Duplication Metric 
        Author:     H. Uijterwaal
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 25304
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-duplicate-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5560.txt

When a packet is sent from one host to the other, one normally
expects that exactly one copy of the packet that was sent arrives at
the destination.  It is, however, possible that a packet is either
lost or that multiple copies arrive.

In earlier work, a metric for packet loss was defined.  This metric
quantifies the case where a packet that is sent does not arrive at
its destination within a reasonable time.  In this memo, a metric for
another case is defined: a packet is sent, but multiple copies
arrive.  The document also discusses streams and methods to summarize
the results of streams.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute