Subject: [ippm] RFC 5618 on Mixed Security Mode for the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5618

        Title:      Mixed Security Mode for the 
                    Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) 
        Author:     A. Morton, K. Hedayat
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16553
        Updates:    RFC5357

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-more-twamp-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5618.txt

This memo describes a simple extension to TWAMP (the Two-Way Active
Measurement Protocol).  The extension adds the option to use
different security modes in the TWAMP-Control and TWAMP-Test
protocols simultaneously.  The memo also describes a new IANA
registry for additional features, called the TWAMP Modes registry.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute