Subject: [ippm] RFC 5644 on IP Performance Metrics (IPPM): Spatial and Multicast

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:19:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5644

        Title:      IP Performance Metrics (IPPM): Spatial 
                    and Multicast 
        Author:     E. Stephan, L. Liang,
                    A. Morton
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      57
        Characters: 110407
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-multimetrics-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5644.txt

The IETF has standardized IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) for measuring
end-to-end performance between two points.  This memo defines two new
categories of metrics that extend the coverage to multiple
measurement points.  It defines spatial metrics for measuring the
performance of segments of a source to destination path, and metrics
for measuring the performance between a source and many destinations
in multiparty communications (e.g., a multicast tree).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute