Subject: [ippm] TRAC: 1st International Workshop on TRaffic Analysis and Classification

From: Sandrine VATON <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:05:20 +0100

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the technical program committee we would like to invite you 
to submit your papers to TRAC 2010.

Co-chairs: Christian Callegari (Univ. Pisa), Sandrine Vaton (TELECOM 
Bretagne).

TRAC 2010
1st International Workshop on TRaffic Analysis and Classification
ACM and IEEE sponsored (pending)

June 28. - July 2. 2010, Caen, France

http://netgroup.iet.unipi.it/trac2010

co-located with IWCMC 2010 (http://iwcmc.com <http://iwcmc.com/>)

CALL FOR PAPERS

Brief description
-----------------

The evolution of the Internet in the last few years has been 
characterized by dramatic changes to the way users behave, interact and 
utilize the network.

The rapid introduction of new categories of applications such as network 
games and peer-to-peer, the increasing presence of malicious traffic, 
and the widespread use of encryption techniques, make the measurement, 
analysis and classification of Internet traffic a challenging task.

The research community and many network operators are responding to 
these changes by designing and deploying traffic measurement and 
classification architectures of increasing complexity.

Such activities are pivotal for researchers, developers, service 
managers and providers, as well as for end users involved in the 
evolution of the networks.

Traffic classification and analysis mechanisms belong to the wide set of 
tools that helps the allocation, control and management of resources in 
IP networks. Following the development and the evolution of Internet 
applications, new efficient classification techniques are highly 
desirable to support advanced capabilities as regards network 
monitoring, network resource management, anomaly detection, and network 
auditing.

This workshop is intended to serve as a forum for scientists and 
engineers in academia and industry to exchange and discuss their 
experiences and research results about all aspects of traffic 
classification and analysis.

Topics of interest
------------------

The workshop is soliciting high quality papers discussing original and 
innovative experimental activities, unpublished and not currently 
submitted for publication elsewhere, on topics, including but not 
limited to, the following:  
• Traffic classification algorithms and techniques
• Platforms for on-line, real-time traffic classification 
• Comparisons among traffic classification techniques 
• Privacy-preserving classification techniques 
• Identification and classification of encrypted traffic 
• Classification algorithms for anomaly detection 
• Impact of sampling on network traffic classification
• Applications of traffic classification 
• Data-reduction techniques for traffic traces 
• Anonymization tools and their effects on traffic classification 
• Interfaces and architectures for the storage of traffic traces
• Traffic measurements, analysis and modeling 
• Packet classification at ultra-high link rates (terabits) 
• Fast table look-up 
• Internet measurements and accounting support in switches/routers
• Advanced algorithms for deep packet inspection at high speed
• High speed packet processing

Important Dates
---------------
Papers submission deadline: December 15, 2009
Notification of decision: March 15, 2010
Camera-ready deadline: April 1, 2009

-- 
Sandrine VATON
Maître de Conférences / Associate Professor
TELECOM Bretagne, 
Technopôle Brest-Iroise 
CS 83818 - 29238 Brest Cedex 3 - France
Tel: 02 29 00 10 29 / +33 2 29 00 10 29
Fax: 02 29 00 12 82 / +33 2 29 00 12 82