Subject: [ippm] draft-constantine-ippm-tcp-throughput-tm

From: "Loki Jorgenson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 10:20:20 -0800

I have already been discussing the prospects for this draft with Barry.
I am interested in subsequent discussion within this group to see this
topic advanced.  I would certainly contribute effort towards a final
draft.

There are several challenging issues to be addressed - not the least of
which is how or even whether a set of constraints can be adequately
defined that validate a given TCP performance model for use within a
measurement methodology.  Selecting or validating specific models does
not seem appropriate for this draft - but its hard to ignore the
underlying network behaviors while defining a methodology.

I'd like to hear what people like Matt Mathis, who have attempted
similar efforts, would identify as the critical issues in this
undertaking. 

-----Original Message-----
Message: 2
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:14:08 +0100
From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Subject: [ippm] WG interest in
	draft-constantine-ippm-tcp-throughput-tm-00.txt
To: IETF IPPM WG <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

IPPM group,

In Hiroshima, Barry presented possible new work on

   TCP Throughput Testing Methodology
 
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-constantine-ippm-tcp-throughput-tm-00.txt

We'd like to know if you feel that this is work that the IPPM group
should pick up and, if so, who is interested to contribute to this
document.   Please post your thoughts before January 4, 2010.

--
Loki Jorgenson
Apparent Networks
t   604 433 2333 ext 105
m   604 250-4642