Subject: [ippm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:15:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPPM standard advancement testing
	Author(s)       : R. Geib, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest-02.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This document specifies tests to determine if multiple independent
instantiations of a performance metric RFC have implemented the
specifications in the same way.  This is the performance metric
equivalent of interoperability, required to advance RFCs along the
standards track.  Results from different implementations of metric
RFCs will be collected under the same underlying network conditions
and compared using state of the art statistical methods.  The goal is
an evaluation of the metric RFC itself, whether its definitions are
clear and unambiguous to implementors and therefore a candidate for
advancement on the IETF standards track.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.