Subject: [ippm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest-03.txt> (IPPM standard advancement testing) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:15:41 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Metrics WG (ippm)
to consider the following document:
- 'IPPM standard advancement testing'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies tests to determine if multiple independent
   instantiations of a performance metric RFC have implemented the
   specifications in the same way.  This is the performance metric
   equivalent of interoperability, required to advance RFCs along the
   standards track.  Results from different implementations of metric
   RFCs will be collected under the same underlying network conditions
   and compared using state of the art statistical methods.  The goal is
   an evaluation of the metric RFC itself, whether its definitions are
   clear and unambiguous to implementors and therefore a candidate for
   advancement on the IETF standards track.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.