Subject: [ippm] Fwd: BCP 170, RFC 6390 on Guidelines for Considering New Performance Metric Development

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:14:51 +0200

Dear all,

This BCP would be of interest to both IPPM and IPFIX WGs

Regards, Benoit.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	BCP 170, RFC 6390 on Guidelines for Considering New 
Performance Metric Development
Date: 	Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:18:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         BCP 170
         RFC 6390

         Title:      Guidelines for Considering New Performance
                     Metric Development
         Author:     A. Clark, B. Claise
         Status:     Best Current Practice
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       October 2011
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      23
         Characters: 49930
         See Also:   BCP0170

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pmol-metrics-framework-12.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6390.txt

This document describes a framework and a process for developing
Performance Metrics of protocols and applications transported over
IETF-specified protocols.  These metrics can be used to characterize
traffic on live networks and services.  This memo documents an
Internet Best Current Practice.

This document is a product of the Performance Metrics for Other Layers Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
   http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
   http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce