Subject: [ippm] Call for Volunteers for the Performance Metrics Directorate

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 18:57:39 +0100

The IESG recently approved RFC 6390 which describes a framework and a
process for developing Performance Metrics of protocols and applications
transported over IETF-specified protocols.  The scope of the document is
complementary to the scope of the IPPM WG and BMWG focusing on metrics
of protocols above and below the IP layer that can be used to
characterize performance on live networks, 

Section 2.2 of the document recommends the formation of a specialized
directorate: 

   The Performance Metrics Directorate is a directorate that provides
   guidance for Performance Metrics development in the IETF.

   The Performance Metrics Directorate should be composed of experts in
   the performance community, potentially selected from the IP
   Performance Metrics (IPPM), Benchmarking Methodology (BMWG), and
   Performance Metrics for Other Layers (PMOL) WGs.

Further details are available in Section 6 of RFC 6390. 

There are already a number of volunteers to start the directorate but we
can use more expert minds. If you are interested in volunteering or
would like to hear more details please approach me or Al Morton. We can
discuss more during IETF-82 for those who will make the trip to Taipei. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan