Subject: [ippm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-loss-episode-metrics-03.txt> (Loss Episode Metrics for IPPM) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 06:08:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Metrics WG (ippm)
to consider the following document:
- 'Loss Episode Metrics for IPPM'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-loss-episode-metrics-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF has developed a one way packet loss metric that measures the
   loss rate on a Poisson probe stream between two hosts.  However, the
   impact of packet loss on applications is in general sensitive not
   just to the average loss rate, but also to the way in which packet
   losses are distributed in loss episodes (i.e., maximal sets of
   consecutively lost probe packets).  This draft defines one-way packet
   loss episode metrics, specifically the frequency and average duration
   of loss episodes, and a probing methodology under which the loss
   episode metrics are to be measured.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-loss-episode-metrics/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-loss-episode-metrics/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1354/