Subject: [ippm] TWAMP TCP testing

From: "MORTON JR., ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 13:23:59 -0400

IPPM,

I revised the "Rate Measurement Test Protocol Problem Statement" *
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-rate-problem-03
a few months back. When reviewing the text to see if further 
updates were warranted, I was reminded that we had incorporated
TCP testing as well as the ubiquitous UDP transport. There
are some open points on TCP, but I keep hearing this is wanted.

I decided to examine the topic, and this draft is the result:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-ippm-twamp-tcp-00

There are several design choices. So far, the roles of 
TCP connection Initiator or Listener are 2 new Modes selected 
and fixed for each TWAMP-Control connection, and there would
be one new Request-TW-Session Command and corresponding Accept
message. 

I didn't request an agenda slot for this draft (it barely made the
extended deadline), but we can certainly discuss it on the list.

regards,
Al

* Belated thanks to Kostas Pentikousis for sitting with me 
in Orlando to help work his clarifications into the early
sections of the Test Protocol Problem Statement draft. 
Kostas got an XXE demo out of the session, so it was win-win.