Subject: [ippm] Next-Generation Networking (NGN) Symposium at ICC'14 (Sidney, 10-14 June 2014) -CFP

From: Alessio Botta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:20:52 +0200

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPER - Next-Generation Networking (NGN) Symposium at ICC'14 in
Sidney - 10-14 June 2014
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IEEE International Conference on Communications, IEEE ICC 2014
Communications: The Centrepoint of Digital Economy
10 - 14 June 2014, Sydney, Australia

*Next-Generation Networking (NGN) Symposium*

The 2014 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) will be
held in the beautiful city of Sydney, Australia between 10 and 14 June
2014. The theme of this flagship conference of IEEE Communications
Society for 2014 is "Communications: The Centrepoint of Digital
Economy." The conference will feature a comprehensive technical program
including twelve Symposia and a number of Tutorials and Workshops. IEEE
ICC 2014 will also include an attractive expo program including keynote
speakers, and Industry Forum & Exhibitions (IF&E). We invite you to
submit your original technical papers, industry forum, workshop, and
tutorial proposals to this event. Accepted and presented papers will be
published in the IEEE ICC 2014 Conference Proceedings and in IEEE
Xplore(R). Full details of submission procedures are available at
http://www.ieee-icc.org/2014.

Scope and Topics of Interest:
Advancements in communications and networking technologies have reached
unprecedented heights, but many new challenges and opportunities are
emerging. Of particular importance to Next Generation Networks are
emerging topics in the area of software defined networks, network
virtualization, mobile cloud, network heterogeneity, scalability,
services and applications, security, manageability, dependability, and
performance predictability. Furthermore, many salient issues are
affecting broadband next-generation wireless networks, such as,
handover/mobility management, cross-layer activities, self-organization,
and energy efficiency operations. The Next Generation Networking
Symposium at IEEE ICC 2014 aims to consolidate and disseminate the
latest developments and advances in these emerging focus areas. This
symposium invites participation from both academic and industry
researchers working in the area of next-generation networking
technologies, services, architectures, and protocols. The overall goal
is to present the latest snapshot of the ongoing research as well as to
shed further light on future directions in this space. Authors are
invited to submit papers presenting novel technical studies as well as
broader position and vision papers comprising hypothetical/speculative
scenarios.
To ensure complete coverage of the advances in this field, the Next
Generation Networking Symposium solicits original contributions in, but
not limited to, the following topical areas:
· Future Internet and next-generation networking architectures
· Software Defined Networking (SDN)
· Software Defined Radio (SDR)
· Overlay networks and peer-to-peer networking
· Network and service virtualization
· Cloud-based networking
· Mobile cloud
· Centralized-RAN and CPRI architectures
· Network sharing mechanisms
· Provisioning, monitoring, and management of IP services
· Flow management: resource sharing, congestion control, etc.
· Routing: unicast, multicast, anycast, etc (wireless, wireline)
· Multihoming, network planning and optimization
· Addressing and naming, especially in the presence of mobility and
portability
· Operational and research issues with IPv6
· VoIP protocols and services
· Self-protecting networking
· Switch and router architectures, performance, control, buffer
management, packet scheduling
· Network management methodologies and control plane design
· Internet survivability and network resilience strategies
· Mechanisms for self-organization and autonomous networking
· Traffic measurement, analysis, modeling, visualization, and
engineering
· Anomaly, intrusion, and attack detection/prevention
· Policy based mechanisms and high-speed firewall technology
· Packet classification and forwarding mechanisms at ultra-high link
rates (terabits)
· High speed and parallel processing architectures for next generation
routers
· Heterogeneous multi-layer and multi-domain networks,
wireless-wireline internetworking
· Connecting mobile/wireless devices to the Internet
· Content-based networking: caching, distribution, load balancing,
resiliency
· Internet of Things, M2M, MTC
· Mobile/wireless content distribution
· Internet applications including interactive media, voice and video,
games, immersive applications
· Internet signaling and service enabling protocols, including SIP,
NSIS, HTTP, RTSP/RTP, etc.
· Privacy and/or security issues and intrusion detection/prevention in
the Internet
· Design methodologies for Internet services
· Internet economics, pricing models, accounting, Internet growth
modeling
· IP multimedia subsystem: architecture and design
· Next-Generation access networking
· Converged networks and applications, including NGN telecom
networks Converged management mechanism for RAN and mobile
backhaul
· Quality of Service and Quality of Experience in Next Generation
Networks
· Energy efficiency, green communications

Submission Guidelines:
Prospective authors are invited to submit original technical papers by
the deadline 15 September 2013 for publication in the IEEE ICC 2014
Conference Proceedings and for oral or poster presentation(s). All
submissions should be written in English with a maximum paper length of
six (6) printed pages (10-point font) including figures without
incurring additional page charges (a maximum of one additional page will
be accepted, subject to over-length charge).

Standard IEEE Transactions templates for Microsoft Word or LaTeX formats
found at
http://www.ieee.org/portal/pages/pubs/transactions/stylesheets.html
Alternatively you can follow the sample instructions in template.pdf at
http://www.comsoc.org/confs/globecom/2008/downloads/template.pdf
Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process and all
submissions must be done through EDAS at
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=15399

Important dates:
Paper Submission: *15 September 2013*
Acceptance Notification: 12 January 2014
Camera-Ready: 13 February 2014

Symposium Co-Chairs:
Mohammed Atiquzzaman, University of Oklahoma, USA
Konstantinos Samdanis, NEC Europe, Germany
Antonio Pescapè, University of Napoli Federico II, Italy
Contact: atiq [at] ou.edu, samdanis [at] neclab.eu, pescape [at] unina.it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Alessio Botta, PhD
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica e delle Tecnologie dell'Informazione
Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy) [Room 3.09]
Phone: +390817683865 - Fax: +390817683816
Skypeid: alessiobotta
Email: [email-masked]
[email-masked]
WWW: http://wpage.unina.it/a.botta