Subject: [ippm] New version of the Performance Metrics Registry draft

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 16:44:55 +0200

Dear all,

I posted a new version of the Performance Metrics Registry draft.

                       Performance Metrics Registry
              draft-claise-ippm-perf-metric-registry-01.txt

Abstract

    This document specifies an IANA registry for Performance Metrics, for
    both active monitoring and passive monitoring, along with the initial
    content.  This document also gives a set of guidelines for
    Performance Metrics requesters and reviewers.

What we need is a new performance metrics registry. There are actually 3 
different tasks:
     Task 1:  IANA registry setup
     Task 2: Performance metric guidelines for requester and reviewers
     Task 3: Initial content for the registry
         Task 3.1 perf metrics that are already compliant with the RFC 
6390 template
         Task 3.2 selection of operationally relevant IPPM performance 
metrics

3.2 is out of scope of this document, for now.

This draft provides an experiment on how to map IPDV into the RFC 6390 
template (this is a first attempt).

Please provide your feedback.

Regards, Benoit