Subject: [ippm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-01.txt

From: Joachim Fabini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 13:42:52 +0200

Dear IPPM group,

an updated version of the RFC2330-update draft is now available at 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update/. Al and me 
have integrated Kostas' comments from Berlin (thanks again Kostas for 
your input).
We have re-structured the document and extended it with focus on metric 
and methodology criteria (new section 4). The new structure includes 
additional requirements/criteria raised by Matt's model based metrics 
draft.

We welcome any reviews/comments/input.
regards
Al and Joachim

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-01.txt
Datum: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 01:51:26 -0700
Von: [email-masked]
An: Joachim Fabini <[email-masked]>, Al Morton 
<[email-masked]>,        "Al C. Morton" <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Joachim Fabini and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Advanced Stream and Sampling Framework for IPPM
Creation date:	 2013-10-15
Group:		 ippm
Number of pages: 15
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-01.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-01
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-01

Abstract:
    To obtain repeatable results in modern networks, test descriptions
    need an expanded stream parameter framework that also augments
    aspects specified as Type-P for test packets.  This memo proposes to
    update the IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Framework with advanced
    considerations for measurement methodology and testing.  The existing
    framework mostly assumes deterministic connectivity, and that a
    single test stream will represent the characteristics of the path
    when it is aggregated with other flows.  Networks have evolved and
    test stream descriptions must evolve with them, otherwise unexpected
    network features may dominate the measured performance.  This memo
    describes new stream parameters for both network characterization and
    support of application design using IPPM metrics.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat