Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 04:50:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Network Performance Measurement for IPsec
	Author(s)       : Kostas Pentikousis
                          Yang Cui
                          Emma Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   IPsec is a mature technology with several interoperable
   implementations.  Indeed, the use of IPsec tunnels is increasingly
   gaining popularity in several deployment scenarios, not the least in
   what used to be solely areas of traditional telecommunication
   protocols.  Wider IPsec deployment calls for mechanisms and methods
   that enable tunnel end-users, as well as operators, to measure one-
   way and two-way network performance in a standardized manner.
   Unfortunately, however, standard IP performance measurement security
   mechanisms cannot be readily used with IPsec.  This document makes
   the case for employing IPsec to protect the One-way and Two-Way
   Active Measurement Protocols (O/TWAMP) and proposes a method which
   combines IKEv2 and O/TWAMP as defined in RFC 4656 and RFC 5357,
   respectively.  This specification aims, on the one hand, to ensure
   that O/TWAMP can be secured with the best mechanisms we have at our
   disposal today while, on the other hand, it facilitates the
   applicability of O/TWAMP to networks that have already deployed
   IPsec.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/