Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:07:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Performance Measurement for IPsec
        Authors         : Kostas Pentikousis
                          Yang Cui
                          Emma Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The O/TWAMP security mechanism requires that endpoints (i.e. both the
   client and the server) possess a shared secret.  Since the currently-
   standardized O/TWAMP security mechanism only supports a pre-shared
   key mode, large scale deployment of O/TWAMP is hindered
   significantly.  At the same time, recent trends point to wider IKEv2
   deployment, which in turn calls for mechanisms and methods that
   enable tunnel end-users, as well as operators, to measure one-way and
   two-way network performance in a standardized manner.  This document
   discusses the use of keys derived from an IKE SA as the shared key in
   O/TWAMP.  If the shared key can be derived from the IKE SA, O/TWAMP
   can support cert-based key exchange, which would allow for more
   flexibility and efficiency.  Such key derivation can also facilitate
   automatic key management.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/