Subject: [ippm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-04.txt> (Test Plan and Results for Advancing RFC 2680 on the Standards Track) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 08:13:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Metrics WG (ippm)
to consider the following document:
- 'Test Plan and Results for Advancing RFC 2680 on the Standards Track'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-02-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo proposes to advance a performance metric RFC along the
   standards track, specifically RFC 2680 on One-way Loss Metrics.
   Observing that the metric definitions themselves should be the
   primary focus rather than the implementations of metrics, this memo
   describes the test procedures to evaluate specific metric requirement
   clauses to determine if the requirement has been interpreted and
   implemented as intended.  Two completely independent implementations
   have been tested against the key specifications of RFC 2680.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-testplan-rfc2680/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.