Subject: [ippm] ACM MobiHoc workshop on Wireless and Mobile Technologies for Smart Cities (WiMobCity)

From: Alessio Botta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 16:35:21 +0100

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPER
*ACM International Workshop on Wireless and Mobile Technologies for
Smart Cities (WiMobCity)*
Organized in conjunction with
*ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing
(MobiHoc)*
Philadelphia, PA, USA, August 11-14, 2014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is widely acknowledged that Smart Cities will drive sustainable
economic growth in the next years and ICT represents one of the enabling
factors for their actual implementation. The problem of efficiently
supporting applications and services for Smart Cities in complex,
distributed and diverse environments has been and is continuing to be
the subject of intense research investigation. Wireless and Mobile
Technologies play an essential role in the new and challenging scenario
of Smart Cities.

*Topics of interest*
The main purpose of the WiMobCity Workshop is to bring together
researchers, academics, and developers in the field of Smart Cities (and
in particular on the related topics of Wireless and Mobile communication
technologies and networking) in order to share new findings, exchange
ideas, discuss research challenges and report latest research efforts
that cover a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- Communication technologies, architectures and wireless/mobile
protocols (WiFi / LTE / 4G)
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Near Field Communication (NFC)
and Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) communication technologies
- Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications
- Quality of Service (QoS) / Quality of Experience (QoE) mechanisms
- Green and energy efficient technologies
- Security and privacy communication issues for Smart Cities
- Data management and access methods (cloud, crowdsourcing, etc.)
- Pervasive Internet of Things (IoT) and mobile computing
- Innovative applications and services for sustainable cities
- Business models, billing approaches and new services for Smart Cities
- Smart Cities deployments, platforms, test-beds and field trials
- Standardization activities for Smart Cities

*Submission Procedure*
Paper submissions must be limited to 10 pages according to the Author
Information page for submission guidelines in the ACM MobiHoc 2014
website. Accepted papers will be published in the symposium proceedings.
All submitted papers will be judged on their quality through blind
reviewing. Submitted papers must not be currently under review for any
other publication.

*General Chair*
Antonio Pescapè (University of Napoli, Italy)

*Technical Program co-Chairs*
Alessio Botta (University of Napoli, Italy)
Periklis Chatzimisios (Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece)

*Important Dates*
Paper submission deadline: March 16, 2014
Author notification: June 1, 2014
Camera ready due: June 18, 2014

---
Alessio Botta, PhD
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica e delle Tecnologie dell'Informazione
Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy) [Room 3.09]
Phone: +390817683865 - Fax: +390817683816
Skypeid: alessiobotta
Email:   [email-masked]
          [email-masked]
WWW:     http://wpage.unina.it/a.botta