Subject: [ippm] Reactive behavior is deterministic?

From: Matt Mathis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 14:11:06 -0700

Section 1.1 of draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update-05.txt uses the word
deterministic in the definition of "reactive behavior".   Is the accurate
for technologies in question?   I am under the impression that both LTE
channel switching and Comcast powerboost have at least some component of
their behaviors that depend on network load.  This would make some details
of these technologies "nondeterministic" relative to test traffic that was
uninformed about network state.

Furthermore, I argue most places where reactive networks are used, the
optimal design embodies load sensitive adaptation, so this is probably the
common case, not the exception.

I'm not sure I even know why there is a "deterministic" assumption.  Does
it matter elsewhere.

Thanks,
--MM--
The best way to predict the future is to create it.  - Alan Kay

Privacy matters!  We know from recent events that people are using our
services to speak in defiance of unjust governments.   We treat privacy and
security as matters of life and death, because for some users, they are.