Subject: [ippm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-2679-bis-03.txt> (A One-Way Delay Metric for IPPM) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 06:14:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Metrics WG (ippm)
to consider the following document:
- 'A One-Way Delay Metric for IPPM'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-2679-bis-03.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo (RFC 2679 bis) defines a metric for one-way delay of
   packets across Internet paths.  It builds on notions introduced and
   discussed in the IPPM Framework document, RFC 2330; the reader is
   assumed to be familiar with that document.  This memo makes RFC 2679
   obsolete.

Please note:
   This memo is replacing a very old Proposed Standard, making minimal changes. 
   Please evaluate its suitability for 

   There are two normative references to Informational RFCs:

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 2330

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 7312

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2679-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2679-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.