Subject: [ippm] Protocol Action: 'Registries for the One-Way Active Measurement Protocol - OWAMP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ippm-owamp-registry-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:25:12 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Registries for the One-Way Active Measurement Protocol - OWAMP'
  (draft-ietf-ippm-owamp-registry-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Spencer Dawkins and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-owamp-registry/

Technical Summary

   This memo describes the registries for OWAMP - the One-Way Active
   Measurement Protocol.  The registries allow assignment of MODE bit
   positions and OWAMP Command numbers.  The memo also requests that
   IANA establish the registries for new features, called the OWAMP-
   Modes registry and the OWAMP Control Command Number registry.  This
   memo updates RFC 4656.

Working Group Summary

   The need for this draft was identified during IESG evaluation
   of draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec. The working group processed it 
   quickly in response to the question the IESG raised.

Document Quality

   There are no implementations (this document defines a 
   registry). 

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Bill Cerveny.  
   The responsible area director is Spencer Dawkins.
   No IANA expert is needed for these registries (the policy is IETF Review).