Subject: [ippm] RFC 7718 on Registries for the One-Way Active Measurement Protocol (OWAMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:33:42 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7718

        Title:      Registries for the One-Way Active 
                    Measurement Protocol (OWAMP) 
        Author:     A. Morton
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14719
        Updates:    RFC 4656

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-owamp-registry-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7718

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7718

This memo describes the registries for OWAMP -- the One-Way Active
Measurement Protocol.  The registries allow assignment of Mode bit
positions and OWAMP Command numbers.  Per this memo, IANA has
established the registries for new features, called the OWAMP-Modes
registry and the OWAMP Control Command Number registry.  This memo
updates RFC 4656.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC