Subject: [ippm] STD 81, RFC 7679 on A One-Way Delay Metric for IP Performance Metrics (IPPM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:33:40 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 81        
        RFC 7679

        Title:      A One-Way Delay Metric for 
                    IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) 
        Author:     G. Almes, S. Kalidindi,
                    M. Zekauskas, A. Morton, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 59852
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2679
        See Also:   STD 81

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-2679-bis-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7679

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7679

This memo defines a metric for one-way delay of packets across
Internet paths.  It builds on notions introduced and discussed in the
IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Framework document, RFC 2330; the
reader is assumed to be familiar with that document.  This memo makes
RFC 2679 obsolete.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC