Subject: [ippm] Document Action: 'Active and Passive Metrics and Methods (and everything in-between, or Hybrid)' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ippm-active-passive-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 06:40:01 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Active and Passive Metrics and Methods (and everything in-between, or
   Hybrid)'
  (draft-ietf-ippm-active-passive-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Spencer Dawkins and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-active-passive/

Technical Summary

   This memo provides clear definitions for Active and Passive
   performance assessment.  The construction of Metrics and Methods can
   be described as Active or Passive.  Some methods may use a subset of
   both active and passive attributes, and we refer to these as Hybrid
   Methods.

Working Group Summary

   The document was extensively discussed in the working group, and was
   written in direct response to confusion about the terms it defines in
   other discussions within the WG. It has been well reviewed and there
   exists no controversy about it.

Document Quality

  The document is of high quality, succinctly defining the terms it sets out
  to, and explaining them with useful examples. That's probably as much 
  as we can expect from a document about definitions.

Personnel

  Brian Trammell is the document shepherd. 
  Spencer Dawkins is the responsible AD.