Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2016 05:46:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Updates for IPPM's Active Metric Framework
        Authors         : Al Morton
                          Joachim Fabini
                          Nalini Elkins
                          Michael S. Ackermann
                          Vinayak Hegde
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-07-04

Abstract:
   This memo updates the IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Framework RFC
   2330 with new considerations for measurement methodology and testing.
   The memo updates the definition of standard-formed packets in RFC
   2330 to include IPv6 packets.  It also augments distinguishing
   aspects of packets, referred to as Type-P for test packets in RFC
   2330.

   Two points (at least) are worthwhile discussing further: extent of
   coverage for 6LO and IPv6 Header Compression, and the continued need
   to define a "minimal standard-formed packet".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Joachim Fabini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 09:35:01 +0200

Dear All,

as agreed in BA and following the adoption as WG item we have renamed
and submitted the former "Type-P and Std-formed  Update to RFC 2330" as
IPv6 Updates to the IPPM Framework.
No changes have been committed besides these cosmetic ones.

Mike has noted that in 6man and v6ops there are ongoing discussions
about the access and modification of v6 EHs in intermediate nodes. We
monitor these changes and will integrate them into the 2330-IPv6-update
draft once there is consensus in the v6 groups.

As always, any reviews/comments/suggestions are warmly welcome.
thanks,
Joachim (for the authors)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [ippm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-00.txt
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2016 05:46:57 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm