Subject: [ippm] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-yang-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:21:23 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-yang-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-yang/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

         bit unauth-test-encrpyt-control {

I think you probably mean "encrypt" above

           position 3;
           description
             "When using the Mixed Security Mode, the TWAMP-Test
              protocol follows the Unauthenticated mode and the
              TWAMP-Control protocol the Encrypted mode.";
           reference
             "RFC 5618: Mixed Security Mode for the Two-Way Active
              Measurement Protocol (TWAMP)";
         }

On pages 25-26:

     grouping key-management {
       list key-chain {
         key key-id;
         leaf key-id {
           type string {
             length 1..80;
           }
           description
             "KeyID used for a TWAMP-Control connection. As per
              Section 3.1 of RFC 4656, KeyID is 'a UTF-8 string, up to
              80 octets in length' and is used to select which 'shared

This makes me slightly uncomfortable about possibility of truncating a UTF-8
encoding of some Unicode characters, but this probably doesn't matter in
reality. Are these likely to be used for display?

              shared secret the [Control-Client] wishes to use to
              authenticate or encrypt'.";