Subject: [ippm] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 20:25:49 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Requirements Language: Please use the actual boilerplate specified in RFC 8174.

---

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 19:13:43 +0000

Hi Ben,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ben Campbell [mailto:[email-masked]]
...
[acm] 
We have:
32	Requirements Language

34	   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
35	   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
36	   document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119] and updated
37	   by [RFC8174].

and RFC 8174 says:

   Authors who follow these guidelines should incorporate this phrase
   near the beginning of their document:

      The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL
      NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "NOT RECOMMENDED",
      "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as
      described in BCP 14 [RFC2119] [RFC8174] when, and only when, they
      appear in all capitals, as shown here.

Noting that RFC 8174 uses a lower-case "should", there's no requirement
to use this exact wording, right?  

But you said "please", and that means much more than "should".

I've updated the working text (and I have many others in-flight
that need this update, too).

regards,
Al

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 14:18:48 -0500

> On Jun 21, 2018, at 2:13 PM, MORTON, ALFRED C (AL) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Ben,
> 

My primary concern is not the exact wording, but the fact that the 8174 boilerplate mentions the part about appearing in all capitals.

> 
> But you said "please", and that means much more than "should”.

Thanks :-)