Subject: [ippm] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-yang-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 08:59:24 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-yang-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-yang/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

High level question: How does this YANG model relate to the lmap YANG model (rfc8194)?

---

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 16:44:01 +0000

Hi Mirja,

...
[acm] 
TWAMP and its YANG model can be used independently from LMAP, of course.

With a LMAP Measurement Agent (MA), there remains a need to operate a 
protocol for Active measurement, and in this case there is some overlap
between LMAP Controller requests and TWAMP Control-Client configuration
(since they are likely co-located, see Figure 1:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7594#page-9 ) if TWAMP is chosen.

Also, LMAP does not provide a means to control and configure the 
Measurement Peer (MP in Figure 1 of the LMAP Framework), so the TWAMP
YANG model can be used there as well. Bootstrapping can be aided by the
TWAMP YANG model as well (since Bootstrapping was beyond LMAP scope).

hope this helps,
Al