Subject: [ippm] IFIP WWIC 2019 Call for Participation - June 17-18, Bologna, Italy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 18:44:48 +0200

...Our apologies for possible duplicates...
---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION -  IFIP WWIC 2019

The 17th International Conference on Wired/Wireless Internet 
Communications
June 17-18, 2019 - Bologna, Italy
http://wwic2019.nws.cs.unibo.it/

--------------------------- WWIC  2019 HIGHLIGHTS 
---------------------------

- 20 high-quality papers on hot research topics for the global 
wired/wireless Internet network

- 2 keynotes by renowned top scientists

Prof. Geert J. Heijenk, University of Twente, Netherlands
Title: Infrastructure support for vehicular networks - Extending 
geocasting from the wireless to the wired domain

Dr. Paolo Azzoni, Research Program Manager at EUROTECH GROUP
Title: IoT Market Trends

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear colleagues we are pleased to invite you to join us in the beautiful 
city of Bologna (Italy), on June 17-18 for the IFIP WWIC 2019 
conference. The single-track technical program includes the latest 
research on IoT, 5G and beyond 5G networks, network management, 
security, congestion control and distributed applications. This year’s 
program also includes two keynote talks by Prof. Geert J. Heijenk 
(University of Twente) and Dr. Paolo Azzon (EUROTECH GROUP) on 
cutting-edge wireless networking research.

The technical program is also complemented with an exiting social 
program, that includes a social dinner and a guided tour of the city.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
TECHNICAL PROGRAM - MONDAY 17th JUNE
---------------------------------------------------------------------

OPENING REMARKS  - 9:15 - 9:30

*** KEYNOTE #1 -  9:30 - 10:30 ***
Prof. Geert J. Heijenk
Professor, at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and 
Computer Science, University of Twente, Netherlands
INFRASTRUCTURE SUPPORT FOR VEHICULAR NETWORKS - EXTENDING GEOCASTING 
FROM THE WIRELESS TO THE WIRED DOMAIN

-----------------------
SESSION 1 - THE INTERNET OF THINGS AND WLANS

Deploying W3C Web of Things-based Interoperable Mash-up Applications for 
Industry 4.0: A Testbed
Luca Sciullo, Angelo Trotta, Lorenzo Gigli and Marco Di Felice

Adaptive Guard Time for Energy-Efficient IEEE 802.15.4 TSCH Networks
Alex Mavromatis, Georgios Z. Papadopoulos, Atis Elsts, Nicolas 
Montavont, Robert J Piechocki, Theo Tryfonas, George Oikonomou, AND 
Xenofon Fafoutis

Assessment and Hardening of IoT Development Boards
Omar Alfandi, Musaab Hasan, Zayed Balbahaith

IEEE 802.11 Latency Modeling with non-IEEE 802.11 Interfering Source
Patrick Bosch, Steven Latré, Chris Blondia

-----------------------
-----------------------
SESSION 2 - SECURITY AND NETWORK MANAGEMENT

ChoKIFA: A New Detection and Mitigation Approach against Interest 
Flooding Attacks in NDN
Abdelmadjid Benarf, Muhammad Hassan, Alberto Compagno, Eleonora Losiouk, 
Mohamed Bachir Yagoubi, Mauro Conti

Application-level traceroute: adopting mimetic mechanisms to increase 
discovery capabilities
Chiara Caiazza, Enrico Gregori, Valerio Luconi, Francesco Mione, Alessio 
Vecchio

A NAT based seamless handover for Software Defined Enterprise WLANs
Arkadeep Sen, AND Krishna M. Sivalingam

Proportional Fair Information Freshness under Jamming
Andrey Garnaev, Jing Zhong, Wuyang Zhang, Roy Yates, Wade Trappe

-----------------------
SESSION 3 - 5G AND BEYOND 5G NETWORKS

Optimal Placement of User Plane Functions in 5G Networks
Irian Leyva-Pupo, Cristina Cervelló-Pastor and Alejandro 
Llorens-Carrodeguas

Evaluating Multi-connectivity in 5G NR Systems with Mixture of Unicast 
and Multicast Traffic
Roman Kovalchukov, Dmitri Moltchanov , Alexander Pyattaev and Aleksandr 
Ometov

Performance of mmWave-based Mesh Networks in Indoor Environments with 
Dynamic Blockage
Rustam Pirmagomedov, Dmitri Moltchanov,Viktor Ustinov, Md Nazmus Saqib 
and Sergey Andreev

Opportunistic D2D-aided Uplink Communications in 5G and Beyond Networks
Baldomero Coll-Perales, Loreto Pescosolido, Andrea Passarella, Javier 
Gozalvez and Marco Conti

---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
TECHNICAL PROGRAM - TUESDAY 18th JUNE
---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------

*** KEYNOTE #2 - 9:30 - 10:30 ***
Prof. Paolo Azzoni
Research Program Manager at EUROTECH Group
IOT MARKET TRENDS

-----------------------
-----------------------
SESSION 4: FORWARDING AND CONGESTION CONTROL

ECN-Enhanced CoDel AQM
Dhulfiqar A AAlwahab and Sándor Laki

On the Significance of Layer-3 Traffic Forwarding
Salim Mohamed, Saptarshi Das and Subir Biswas and Osama Mohammed

Delivering Multicast Content through Secure D2D Communications in the 
Internet of Things
Chiara Suraci, Sara Pizzi, Antonio Iera, Antonella Molinaro and Giuseppe 
Araniti

Design and Implementation of Integrated ICN and CDN as a Video Streaming 
Service
Chengkai Yan and Quang Ngoc Nguyen, Ilias Benkacem, Daisuke Okabe, 
Akihiro Nakao,Toshitaka Tsuda, Cutifa Safitri, Tarik Taleb and Takuro 
Sato

-----------------------
-----------------------
SESSION 5: DISTRIBUTED APPLICATIONS

Improving Video Delivery with Fourier Analysis of Traffic in 
Multi-Access Edge Computing
Eryk Schiller, Remo Roethlisberger, Torsten Ingo Braun and  Mostafa 
Karimzadeh

Distributed Real-Time Control Applications across Shared Network 
Infrastructures
Paul J. Kühn

The effect of hardware/software features on the performance of an 
open-source network emulator
Gianni Cerro, Domenico Capriglione, Luigi Ferrigno and Gianfranco Miele

Energy and Quality aware Multi-UAV flight path design through Q-Learning 
algorithms
Hend Zouaoui and Simone Faricelli, Francesca Cuomo, Stefania Colonnese 
and Luca Chiaraviglio