Subject: [ippm] ACM SIGCOMM SOSR Software Systems Award

From: Soudeh Ghorbani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 06:31:45 -0500

ACM SIGCOMM SOSR Software Systems Award

https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sosr/2020/award.html

The ACM SIGCOMM SOSR Software Systems Award is given to an individual or an
institution to recognize the development of a software system that has had
a significant impact on software-defined networking (SDN) research,
implementations, and tools. The impact may be reflected in the widespread
adoption of the system, or of its underlying concepts, by the wider SDN
community, either in research projects, in the open-source community, or
commercially. The award includes a prize of $1,000. The award is presented
at the Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR) each year and the winner is invited
to give a talk at the conference.

Submission Instructions

Nominations should be submitted by email to [email-masked] on or
before January 22nd, 2020 to be considered for this year's award.

A nomination for the Software Systems Award that is not selected may be
re-submitted in following years, but after three successive unsuccessful
submissions, should not be re-submitted for at least one year.

Each nomination should consist of the following items:

   -

   Name, affiliation, telephone number, and email address of the nominator
   (self-nominations are permitted).
   -

   Name, affiliation, telephone number, and email address of the nominee(s).
   -

   Name of the system being recognized, and (if possible) a URL with more
   information, source code, etc.
   -

   A short statement (200–500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves
   the award.
   -

   Names and email addresses of 3-5 people who support the nomination. The
   awards committee may ask some or all of these people for statements of
   support.

Selection Process

The recipient of the award will be selected by a committee comprising the
following members:

   -

   Three to four senior members of the SOSR community, selected by the SOSR
   steering committee, representing both academic and industrial perspectives.
   -

   One member of the SOSR Steering Committee shall serve as an ex-officio
   member of the committee.

Any committee member who has a conflict of interest with a nominee or who
feels that their association with a nominee would interfere with their
ability to be impartial shall be excluded from the relevant parts of the
discussion. For the purposes of this selection process, conflicts of
interest will include: Ph.D. and postdoc advisors and advisees, scientific
collaborators and co-authors within the past two years, immediate family
members, and any relationships that involve a significant financial
interest such as employment, grants, consulting, advisory boards, etc.