Subject: draft 7-90

From: Qin Tao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 02:10:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Julian:

It is great to see iSCSI v07-90 out. Reading through the new draft, I
found some inconsistencies, most of them are related with moving Text out of 
Login Phase. 

1.in 1.2.3, last paragraph, it says: "Some text command parameters
are also allowed only in full feature phase (e.g., SendTargets)."  But in
Appendix D, The "Use" of SendTargets key is defined as "All", which means
it "can be used in both the login phase and full feature phase".

2.In 4.3, it says" The last response MUST be the Login Response". I
don't see the necessary for this MUST since the Text response is out of
Login Phase and all the responses in the Login Phase are Login responses.

3.The last paragraph of clause 5 is meaningless, which says" During
Full Feature Phase Negotiations the CNxSG field MUST carry the values for
FullFeaturePhase stage in both the current and next part." CNxSG is only
used in Login Command & Response, not in Text anymore. The change log for
draft-07 to draft-08, says "Added the CNxSG field to Text & Login Command
& Response," also needs to be updated.

4.In the Appendix A, Login Phase Examples, there is no need to
mention "Instead of the Login R= <response> SecurityContextComplete=yes
message" since SecurityContextComplete message is not used anymore. 

5.Also in the Login Phase Examples, there is an error in the example
for SPKM-1. The initiator offers " DataDigest=CRC-32C, none", but the
target responses as "DataDigest=SPKM". 

6.Clause 2.10.5,Text of Text Command, says "Some basic key=value
pairs are described in Appendix A and Appendix D." It is better to mention
Appendix D only since keys in Appendix A are security keys which are used
in Login Phase only and not for Text Command. 

Qin