Subject: ImmediateData Text Parameter Negotiation

From: "BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:04:39 +0100

Julian,

Appendix D24 (ImmediateData) does not describe the result of negotiation if
the two sides differ. I presume that since the default is "yes", then only
if both sides agree to "no" is immediate data turned off.  Please can this
be stated.

Additionally, I feel that the default value for ImmediateData should be
"no".

Similarly, there is no statement on MaxOutstandingR2T.  Presumable the
minimum is selected.

Matthew Burbridge
Senior Development Engineer
NIS-Bristol
Hewlett Packard
Telnet: 312 7010
E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: "Mallikarjun C." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:30:12 -0700

Matthew,

I completely agree that the default should be "no"!  I pointed this 
out sometime ago myself.  Apart from what you point out, the default 
setting for "ImmediateData" seems to be at variance with the
conservative default for "InitialR2T" ("yes").

Julian, could you please consider this request? 

Regards.
-- 
Mallikarjun 

Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
Networked Storage Architecture
Network Storage Solutions Organization
MS 5668	Hewlett-Packard, Roseville.
[email-masked]