Subject: iSCSI: statSN during login

From: "Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 22:35:19 -0500

Julian,

There is inconsistency on the use of statSN during login between sections
1.2.2.2:

        Status numbering starts after Login. During login, there is always
        only one outstanding command per connection and status numbering is
        not strictly needed but may be used as a sanity check.

and section 2.13.4:

        For the first Login Response (the response to a Login Request with
        C=0) this is the starting status Sequence Number for the connection
        (the next response of any kind will carry this number + 1). This
        field is valid only if the Status Class is 0.

The later indicates that statSN MUST be used during login phase. Since this
is not really needed during login, I suggest changing the text so that
statSN not to be used until the connection is in full feature phase (similar
to cmdSN).

-Ayman

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:56:25 +0300

Ayman,

Unlike CmdSN, StatSN is per connection and for anything shipped (no
immediate things here). I think that leaving it as it is  enhances
regularity (no exceptions) and perhaps removing the "not necesarily needed
stuff".

Something like:

   Status numbering starts with the Login response to the first Login
   request (C=0) of the connection. The Login response includes an initial
   value for status numbering.

in 1.2.2.2

Thanks,
Julo

"Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>@ece.cmu.edu on 10-09-2001 06:35:19

Please respond to "Ayman Ghanem" <[email-masked]>

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  iSCSI: statSN during login

Julian,

and section 2.13.4:

The later indicates that statSN MUST be used during login phase. Since this
is not really needed during login, I suggest changing the text so that
statSN not to be used until the connection is in full feature phase
(similar
to cmdSN).

-Ayman