Subject: RE: iSCSI 07-95 Comment 1

From: "Sanjeev Bhagat (TRIPACE/Zoetermeer)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:04:03 +0200

Gentleman :),

The PDU described is a data structure and not a hardware signal on a bus. So
it is not necessary to define it as active or negative.

Am I wrong??

Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Dineen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 3:15 AM
To: [email-masked]; Thomas Dineen
Subject: iSCSI 07-95 Comment 1

GentlePeople:

"3.2.1.1 X
The X bit is used as a Retry/Restart indicator for request PDUs (PDUs
from initiator to target). This bit is always 1 for response PDUs
(PDUs from target to initiator)."

"3.2.1.2 I
The I bit is used as immediate delivery marker for request PDUs (PDUs
from initiator to target). This bit is always 1 for response PDUs
(PDUs from target to initiator)."

- Reading the above paragraphs I do not get a sence of whether the
X and I bits are active for a one or zero state. Please specify the
logical function of both the X and I bits for both the one and zero
states.

Thomas Dineen

---

From: Thomas Dineen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:35:01 -0700

Sanjeev:

  I disagree!

  Maybe I should have provided a few more words in my original comment.

  For example the X Bit: Dose a one state mean Retry? Dose a zero mean
Restart?

  We need to specify what happens when the bit is one and what if
anything happens
when the bit is zero.

   These details are specified for other variables in the draft.

Thomas Dineen