Subject: iscsi : task mgmt response codes.

From: Santosh Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:30:31 -0700

Hi Julian,

A couple of comments on the task management response codes in Section
3.6 of Rev 7.97 :

1)I suggest that a 1-sentence description accompany the definition of
each response code in all locations where response/status codes are
defined. This helps clarify their usage, since the intended usage may
not always be obvious from the response code itself.

Ex : the usage of the following is not obvious from a reading of section
3.6 :
3 - Task still allegiant 
4 - Task failover not supported 
5 - Task in progress

Where appropriate, a forward reference would also help, in cases such as
"task still allegiant".

2) I suggest that a task management response code be added to indicate
"Function Not Supported" to respond to task mgmt requests that the
target may not support. (ex : target reset).

Thanks,
Santosh

-- 
##################################
Santosh Rao
Software Design Engineer,
HP-UX iSCSI Driver Team,
Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.
email : [email-masked]
Phone : 408-447-3751
##################################