Subject: New FCIP revisions available

From: Ralph Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 13:41:20 -0500

ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/bb-2/01-462v0.pdf is an FCIP 05
PDF with annotated notes from the Interim meeting.  It shows
the areas where new FCIP drafts will have changes made.

ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/bb-2/01-457v1.txt or
ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/bb-2/01-457v1.pdf is FCIP
revision 05a.  05a contains only changes that can be
isolated to small sections of text.

ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/bb-2/01-462v1.pdf is a FCIP 05
PDF with annotated notes describing the changes in FCIP 05a.

ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/bb-2/01-457v2.txt or
ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/bb-2/01-457v2.pdf is FCIP
revision 05b.  05b contains the changes that move
computation of the transit time from the FCIP Entity
to the FC Entity.

ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/bb-2/01-462v2.pdf is a FCIP 05a
PDF with annotated notes describing the changes in FCIP 05b.

ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/bb-2/01-457v3.txt or
ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/bb-2/01-457v3.pdf is FCIP
revision 05c.  05c changes the model for TCP connection
setup operations:

from: a model where everything is a routine call and the 
      FC Entity is the master of all TCP connection setup,
to:   a model where the FCIP Entity gets all the TCP
      connection parameters from a "shared" database and
      acts independent of the FC Entity when forming
      TCP connections.

Even in the 05c model, the FCIP Entity still informs the
FC Entity when a new TCP connection is SUCCESSFULLY formed.

N.B. both 05b and 05c have models for TCP connection setup.
Any implementation that produces the modeled effects is
valid.

FCIP 05c also contains a table of FCIP Entity interactions
with the FC Entity in Annex E.

ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/bb-2/01-462v3.pdf is a FCIP 05b
PDF with annotated notes describing the changes in FCIP 05c.

Enjoy.

Ralph...

---

From: "Murali Rajagopal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:06:22 -0700

Thanks Ralph.

-Murali

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Ralph
Weber
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 11:41 AM
To: IPS Reflector
Subject: New FCIP revisions available

Enjoy.

Ralph...