Subject: FCIP: Authors Minutes from Sep 26 Teleconference

From: "Murali Rajagopal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:34:37 -0700

Minutes submitted by Robert Snively [[email-masked]]

The teleconference was held Wednesday, September 26 from
1 to 2:15 Pacific time.

1)  Wording problems in security and connections

        E-mail was sent out.  Venkat and Ralph have been working
        on words to handle error checking in security.
        Accepted.

2)  Instructions on all-caps (SHALL)

        All caps are applied to interoperability issues only.
        Accepted.

        Ralph will produce 6a with these changes.

3)  Consideration of NAPTs

        There was considerable discussion on possible
        approaches to verifying the informational frame
        sent by the originating FCIP Link End Point.

        Murali proposed that the frame be returned blindly for
        checking.  Timeouts may not be required and can
      developed if necessary.

        Murali's proposal was seen as a reasonable approach and
        no holes were found in it.  This will be formalized as
        the solution for consideration.  The comparison is made
        only on the data portion, not the header portion, since
        the time stamp is known to be different.  Ralph will
        write it up only after a time for consideration is allowed.

        Larry suggests swapping the reserved word and the QOS
        word for architectural purity.  There was no strong
        concern about this, so it will be tentatively accepted.

        Larry suggests relabeling the last word of the FCIP
        header field so that there is no misleading conception
        of the CRC being present.

4)  Next meeting

        1 hour meeting to approve NAPTs document, Lucent hosting,
        Wednesday, 1-2 pm (although the line is scheduled for
        two hours).

ATTENDEES

Murali Rajagopal                LightSand Communications       
Raj Bhagwat                     LightSand Communications
Andy Helland            LightSand Communications
Larry Lamers            SAN Valley
Jim Nelson                      Vixel Corporation
Bob Snively                     Brocade Communications 
Ralph Weber                     ENDL Texas, for Brocade
Elizabeth Rodriguez     Lucent Technology
Neil Wanamaker          Akara
Ken Hirada                      Vixel