Subject: Questions on v.07/08

From: "Lee Xing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:00:58 -0500

Hi,

Could someone please take a look at the following three 
questions and give me a hint.

Thanks.

Lee
Crossroads Systems, Inc.

==============================
Q1:
v.08 p84 states "The version number of the current draft is 0x2".  Why
does v.08 
use the same version number as v.07 does?

Q2:
v.07 p19/v.08 p21 says "The queuing capacity of the 
receiving iSCSI layer is MaxCmdSN - ExpCmdSN + 1".

The question is how we should interpret "queuing capacity = 1" 
(i.e. when MaxCmdSN = ExpCmdSN in v.07/08)?  Does it mean 
target is able to receive/queue another command while it's 
processing a command in the engine (the general OS concept), 
or does it mean target can only have one command at any time?  
Should v.07/08 clear it a bit?

Q3: 
v.07 p20/v.08 p22 states "... ExpStatSN is used by the initiator 
to acknowledge status."

The question is how it could be possible for initiators to
use ExpStatSN to acknowledge status when target uses queued 
commands?  Should we make it clearer on this?