Subject: Immediate Logins

From: "Ken Sandars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:39:37 +0100

Hi Julian,

I cannot see any reason to special-case the first LOGIN command of a session
to be non-immediate. From the target's perpective, there is no session state
in existence for that initial LOGIN, so there isn't even a CmdSN-based
session queue to put it on! If the spec mandated this initial LOGIN to be
immediate it can be executed without needing to handle the specific case of
a sequenced command when there is no session to sequence it on.

I recommend that all LOGIN phase pdus be immediate. Please.

Thanks,

Ken Sandars
[email-masked]
Eurologic Systems
+44 117 930 9616

---

From: "Julian Satran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:32:37 +0300

OK - Julo

"Ken Sandars" <[email-masked]> on 18-09-2001 19:39:37

Please respond to "Ken Sandars" <[email-masked]>

To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  Immediate Logins

Hi Julian,

I cannot see any reason to special-case the first LOGIN command of a
session
to be non-immediate. From the target's perpective, there is no session
state
in existence for that initial LOGIN, so there isn't even a CmdSN-based
session queue to put it on! If the spec mandated this initial LOGIN to be
immediate it can be executed without needing to handle the specific case of
a sequenced command when there is no session to sequence it on.

Thanks,

Ken Sandars
[email-masked]
Eurologic Systems
+44 117 930 9616