Subject: [Ips] MPA layer connection setup examples for iSER

From: "Sanjay Goyal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:13:30 -0400

Hi,

draft-ietf-ips-iser-04.txt mentions it is iSCSI over RDMAP. 
It also shows under Normative references that for MPA, the reference is draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-02.txt.

What I want to know is that, will iSER use the above mentioned MPA draft as is for MPA layer or it will use subset of the draft. Why I am asking it is that the MPA draft mentions exchange of MPA Request/Response Frames before moving to Full operation phase whereas iSER draft says after Hello exchanges the connection/session should move to iSER assisted mode or RDMAP mode.

Can somebody please post example of connection setup for RDMAP/DDP/MPA combination.

Regards
Sanjay

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: Mike Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:35:17 -0700

When iSER is layered over iWARP, it will utilize MPA as defined.  An 
example of how an iSER connection is setup using iWARP can be found in 
figure 8 on page 33 of the MPA draft.  Note that the "ULP streaming mode 
<Hello> request" refers to the final iSCSI Login Request with the T-bit 
set to 1; and the "last (optional) streaming mode <Hello Ack>" refers to 
the final iSCSI Login Response PDU with T-bit set to 1.  The "first FPDU 
(as DDP ULPDUs become available)" to be sent by the MPA layer at the 
initiator is the iSER Hello Message.  Likewise, the iSER HelloReply 
Message is the "first FPDU" sent by the target after it receives the iSER 
Hello Message. 

Mike
Sent by:        [email-masked]
To:     <[email-masked]>
cc:      
Subject:        [Ips] MPA layer connection setup examples for iSER

Hi,

draft-ietf-ips-iser-04.txt mentions it is iSCSI over RDMAP. 
It also shows under Normative references that for MPA, the reference is 
draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-02.txt.

What I want to know is that, will iSER use the above mentioned MPA draft 
as is for MPA layer or it will use subset of the draft. Why I am asking it 
is that the MPA draft mentions exchange of MPA Request/Response Frames 
before moving to Full operation phase whereas iSER draft says after Hello 
exchanges the connection/session should move to iSER assisted mode or 
RDMAP mode.

Can somebody please post example of connection setup for RDMAP/DDP/MPA 
combination.

Regards
Sanjay