Subject: [Ips] iSER TMF question

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:42:30 -0400

The spec talks about TMF Requests but has little to say about the TMF Response. Am I correct that the TMF Response's Write STag and Read STag should be 0 and the WSV and RSV fields should be 0?

Should the TMF Response use SendInvSE?

Eddy

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: Mike Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 14:45:49 -0700

That is correct.  In general, the RSV and the WSV flags and the STag fields
in the iSER header are used by the initiator to advertise the initiator's
buffer to the target.  See section 9.2.

Mike

             "Eddy Quicksall"                                              
             <eddy_quicksall_i                                             
             Vivity_iSCSI@Comc                                          To 
             ast.net>                  <[email-masked]>                      
                                                                        cc 
             09/07/2006 01:42                                              
             PM                                                    Subject 
                                       [Ips] iSER TMF question             

                                                                           

The spec talks about TMF Requests but has little to say about the TMF
Response. Am I correct that the TMF Response's Write STag and Read STag
should be 0 and the WSV and RSV fields should be 0?

Eddy_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips