Subject: [Ips] Portal group discovery

From: "Dan Bar Dov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:59:44 +0300

Is it allowed for an initiator to create a single portal group from information
collected from two (or more) sendTargets discovery sessions?

(this would be similar to doing a SLP broadcast discovery, and creating
portal groups out of multiply discovered portals to a single target)

Thanks,
Dan

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: William Studenmund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:31:18 -0700

> collected from two (or more) sendTargets discovery sessions?

I don't think you need two or more SendTargets discovery sessions.  
You are supposed to hear about all portals in one SendTargets  
response, so it's supposed to all be there.

If you had very separate off-load cards, I could see that not being  
followed. But then chances are you can't have a session span said  
cards anyway. :-)

Take care,

Bill

---

From: Julian Satran <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 08:04:43 +0300

This is not supposed to happen (getting partial data in a session)
If it happens it can be the result of a reconfiguration (between the two 
discovery sessions).

Julo

William Studenmund <[email-masked]> 
29/09/06 05:31

To
Dan Bar Dov <[email-masked]>
cc
[email-masked]
Subject
Re: [Ips] Portal group discovery

Take care,

Bill