Subject: [Ipsec] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-ikev1-algorithms-00.txt

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:56:50 -0700

Greetings again. We have talked for over five years about getting rid 
of 56-bit DES in IKEv1. So, I have (belatedly) written a draft on 
doing this at the same time as updating the other algorithm MUSTs and 
SHOULDs. This is a personal draft, not a WG item, but it can be 
discussed on this list before I turn it into the IESG as a personal 
submission.

Comments are appreciated.

--Paul Hoffman

>To: [email-masked]
>From: [email-masked]
>Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:29:16 -0400
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-ikev1-algorithms-00.txt
>X-BeenThere: [email-masked]
>X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org
>List-Unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
>	<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
>List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
>List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
>List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>,
>	<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
>Sender: [email-masked]
>
>
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>
>	Title		: Algorithms for Internet Key Exchange 
>version 1 (IKEv1)
>	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman
>	Filename	: draft-hoffman-ikev1-algorithms-00.txt
>	Pages		: 4
>	Date		: 2004-9-29
>
>The required and suggested algorithms in the original IKEv1
>specification does not reflect the current reality of IPsec market.
>It requires allowing weak security and suggests algorithms that are
>thinly implemented.  This document updates the original specification
>and is intended for all IKEv1 implementations deployed today.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-ikev1-algorithms-00.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
>[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body 
>of the message. 
>You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
>to change your subscription settings.
>
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-hoffman-ikev1-algorithms-00.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>	[email-masked].
>In the body type:
>	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-ikev1-algorithms-00.txt".
>
>NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>	how to manipulate these messages.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
>
>[The following attachment must be fetched by mail. Command-click the 
>URL below and send the resulting message to get the attachment.]
><mailto:[email-masked]?body=ENCODING%20mime%0D%0AFILE%20/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-ikev1-algorithms-00.txt>
>[The following attachment must be fetched by ftp.  Command-click the 
>URL below to ask your ftp client to fetch it.]
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-ikev1-algorithms-00.txt>
>_______________________________________________
>I-D-Announce mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec