Subject: RE: [Ipsec] future bakeoffs for IKEv2 and RFC2401bis

From: "Zimmerman, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:43:14 -0500

Michael,

We've floated what functionality vendors most want tested at the
upcoming
Santa Clara IKEv2 bakeoff, and it was unanimously agreed upon that we
keep
it simple and concentrate testing on Messages 1 thru 4 and rekeying.

Not a lot of interest is being shown yet for testing extended functions
such
as EAP, NAT-T or CP Payloads although if anyone wishes we will happily
oblige.

For that reason, we're planning that the Santa Clara event will only be
the FIRST of such IKEv2 Interoperability workshops we'll be holding.

Any suggestions for locations and dates of followup events cheerfully
accepted.

Regards,  

- -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Michael Richardson
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 11:04 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ipsec] future bakeoffs for IKEv2 and RFC2401bis

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hi, as many of you know Connectathon occurs in late february 2005.
ICSA is having a bakeoff very close by, a couple of days earlier. (Maybe
they will actually combine forces, I don't know).

While it seems that we can depend upon Connectathon 2006 occuring, I
think that IKEv2 implementors may need another event near the end of the
summer, early fall.

One thought is that maybe ETSI would organize something the week after
the Paris IETF. I'm personally not crazy about that for various personal
reasons, and I think that August IETFs are a bad idea anyway. (Maybe all
of france will be on vacation then too...)

I just wanted to plant the idea of having some kind of event in late
September, early October 2005. 

As a final idea, having it around the November 2005 IETF is okay, but
probably too long between events.

- - --
]     "Elmo went to the wrong fundraiser" - The Simpson         |
firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson,    Xelerance Corporation, Ottawa, ON    |net
architect[
] [email-masked]      http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/mcr/ |device
driver[
] panic("Just another Debian GNU/Linux using, kernel hacking, security
guy"); [

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Finger me for keys

iQCVAwUBQYpS7oqHRg3pndX9AQG0xQP/cHnvO4FMXooNqC0X67yfOf4lwDMMIQ/5
tHi0F3Zoaa7PeesI5dPEeuiIT1MM4+Vxx8/huIO8fKn2PfFHEnEv/L28GED6bUvw
WP9gbuIQ0fLJYPlRJNaKt0lmrtJJToKcVl6vSIQsaRFh9zV0139SvBt3pW1rCs5m
a5OZatQMMPQ=
=trp2
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

***********************************************************************
This message is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and
may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
destroy all copies of this message and its attachments and notify us
immediately.
***********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec