Subject: [Ipsec] use of REKEY_SA

From: Jyothi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:08:22 +0530

Hi all,

I would like to know the usage of REKEY_SA notify type

Thanks in advance
Jyothi

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Geoffrey Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:30:45 -0800

In the IKEv2 draft, see section 1.3

If this
    CREATE_CHILD_SA exchange is rekeying an existing SA other than the
    IKE_SA, the leading N payload of type REKEY_SA MUST identify the SA
    being rekeyed.

and section 3.10.1

      REKEY_SA                                 16393

             This notification MUST be included in a CREATE_CHILD_SA
             exchange if the purpose of the exchange is to replace an
             existing ESP or AH SA. The SPI field identifies the SA being
             rekeyed. There is no data.

-g

---

From: Jyothi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:36:03 +0530

Hi,

I agree.

Draft is mentioning about sending,

but after the responder receives, what can it do??

Thanks
Jyothi