Subject: [Ipsec] Manually configuring keys and SAs in Win2k and beyond

From: Ashley Partis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 11:00:01 +1100

hi,

I'm sorry if this isn't really the place to send this, but can any 
developers or anyone who has had experience with Windows IPv4 IPsec 
please help me or answer the following questions.

I wish to manually configure encryption and authentication keys and SAs 
within Windows 2000 (by effectively removing or not using IKE). 
Unfortunately, they don't seem to provide that capability, or at least 
it isn't documented.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  And if so, 
how I would go about doing so?  I don't mean this to be an MS-bashing 
e-mail, but not providing this functionality seems a little bizarre, 
especially when RFC2401 suggests it.

Secondly, is there a way to allow Win2k or later versions to still use 
IKE (for, say, peer authentication) but to manually generate keys 
yourself?  Or edit them yourself?

Finally, can you even _view_ the keys used by IPsec SAs within the Win2k 
system?

As a side note, I would prefer to use Free S/WAN or some other IPsec 
system on Linux, unfortunately this is not an option at the moment.

Thanks,
Ashley Partis

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec