Subject: [Ipsec] future bakeoffs for IKEv2 and RFC2401bis

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:04:02 -0500

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hi, as many of you know Connectathon occurs in late february 2005.
ICSA is having a bakeoff very close by, a couple of days earlier. (Maybe
they will actually combine forces, I don't know).

While it seems that we can depend upon Connectathon 2006 occuring, 
I think that IKEv2 implementors may need another event near the end of
the summer, early fall.

One thought is that maybe ETSI would organize something the week after
the Paris IETF. I'm personally not crazy about that for various
personal reasons, and I think that August IETFs are a bad idea
anyway. (Maybe all of france will be on vacation then too...)

I just wanted to plant the idea of having some kind of event in late
September, early October 2005. 

As a final idea, having it around the November 2005 IETF is okay, but
probably too long between events.

- --
]     "Elmo went to the wrong fundraiser" - The Simpson         |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson,    Xelerance Corporation, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked]      http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/mcr/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another Debian GNU/Linux using, kernel hacking, security guy"); [

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Dan McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:11:00 -0500

> they will actually combine forces, I don't know).

I can say that IPsec probably won't be making a showing at C-thon this year,
so ICSA can have at it for early 2005.

> While it seems that we can depend upon Connectathon 2006 occuring, 

Yes.

> I think that IKEv2 implementors may need another event near the end of

Understood.

> probably too long between events.

Not a bad idea.

Dan

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:25:15 +0200

> they will actually combine forces, I don't know).

Hmm.. we can also do some testing in the IETF. I will be in the
Washington IETF and I am willing to test with someone if someone else
is also interested to do some testing...  (send me mail if you are
interested). 

> anyway. (Maybe all of france will be on vacation then too...)

Those ETSI events have had very few people wanting to participate
them...
-- 
[email-masked]