Subject: [Ipsec] prf(SK_p, ID') computation

From: "Dondeti, Lakshminath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:15:48 -0500

Hi,

I was wondering if the text describing IDi' and IDr' in computing the 
PRFs (Section 2.15) can be clarified a bit.  I interpreted the phrase 
"fixed header" to mean the "fixed" portion of the ID payload, i.e., the 
first 8 octets.  Tero clarified that IDi' and IDr' mean everything after 
the generic header.

Perhaps the word "fixed" can be replaced with "generic" to clarify 
this.  Thanks.

best regards,
Lakshminath

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: "Charlie Kaufman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:27:02 -0800

Sounds reasonable. I'll add it to my list of things to try to get in
during AUTH48. I don't know the exact rules, so I make no guarantees.

At the time those words were first written, the "fixed header" and the
"generic header" were the same thing. Subsequently, and ID type byte was
added which made the wording arguably ambiguous. I think we're OK
without the clarification, but it would be better if we can do it.

	--Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: Dondeti, Lakshminath [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 8:16 PM
To: Charlie Kaufman
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: prf(SK_p, ID') computation

Hi,

the generic header.

best regards,
Lakshminath