Subject: [Ipsec] Protocol Action: 'Algorithms for Internet Key Exchange version 1 (IKEv1)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:17:48 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Algorithms for Internet Key Exchange version 1 (IKEv1) '
    <draft-hoffman-ikev1-algorithms-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

Technical Summary

   The required and suggested algorithms in the original IKEv1
   specification do not reflect the current reality of IPsec market.  It
   requires allowing weak security and suggests algorithms that are
   rarely implemented.  This document updates the original specification
   and is intended for all IKEv1 implementations.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not affiliated with any WG, although the IPsec WG did
   have the opportunity to review it.  In fact, it was modified based on
   some comments posted to the IPsec WG mail list.

Protocol Quality

   This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec