Subject: RE: [Ipsec] draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis-05.txt

From: "Vishwas Manral" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:00:12 -0800

Hi Steve/ Karen,

I am resending an older mail, in case it got missed in transit. 

Although the security architecture talks about how the outer header is
generated from the inner header in tunnel mode while encapsulation, I
think the document completely misses the part of fields being copied
back into the inner header while decapsulation.

I am CC'ing Brian Carpenter too, as he would probably have the best view
on this.

Thanks,
Vishwas
________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Vishwas Manral
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 9:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ipsec] draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis-05.txt

Hi Steve,

I think the security architecture does not specify copying of DSCP and
ECN values from the outer header to the inner header in the case of
decapsulation for tunnel mode for both IPv4 and IPv6.

DSCP values will not be copied directly however, depending on the change
of domain.

Thanks,
Vishwas

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec