Subject: [Ipsec] Small comments to rfc2401bis-06.txt

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:36:07 +0300

Karen,

I know rfc2401bis is quite far and that I am late in game,
but some small suggestions based on my fresh reading:

On page 18, Section 4.4

   The Mobility Header is first time mentioned in Section 4.4.,
   without any reference.   The reference an explanation is only
   in Section 4.4.1.1, several pages later.

   I found that surprising.   I would suggest adding
   some text wrt. Mobile IPv6 in Section 3.2, and perhaps also
   explicitly mention ICMP there, too.  At minimum, the informative
   reference to [Mobip] should be normative, as it is referenced
   in normative contexts.

On page 23, Section 4.4.1.1

   In the parenthesised sentence, there is a phrase ", as noted above".
   However, I didn't find any explanation about how to use sockets
   directly before that in the document; indeed, I found a corresponding
   note in the beginning of page 24, and in more detail only on page 29,
   in the end of 4.4.1.1.  There is a further note on page 49, in 
Section 5.
   Maybe these locations should be linked together better?

I have a couple of other questions, but they are more to the WG
and I'll send them separately.

--Pekka Nikander

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec