Subject: [Ipsec] Question about MsgID in AUTH exchange

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:50:46 +0300

Hi all.

This has probably been raised before.  Section 2.2 says that "The 
IKE_SA initial setup messages will always be numbered 0 and 1"

The AUTH exchange can take more than two messages (when EAP is used).  
In that case, will all the messages of the AUTH exchange carry the 
number 1, or will they use up as many message ID numbers as are needed 
so each message has a unique ID?

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:57:51 +0300

> so each message has a unique ID?

Yes, only the first AUTH message has message id of 1, later ones will
have 2, 3 and so on...
-- 
[email-masked]