Subject: [Ipsec] Narrowing Traffic Selectors IKEv2

From: Alejandro Pérez Méndez<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 10:43:28 +0200

Hi. I'm implementating IKEv2 and I have some (perhaps trivial) troubles.
I have read a lot of mails in this mailing list, the IKEv2 draft, the
IKEv2 tutorial draft and the IKEv2 clarifications draft, and I still
have a doubt with Traffic Selectors negociation.

When Peer A propose a set of TS to Peer B according with its policies,
and Peer B narrow this TS to accomodate them to its policies, must Peer
A update its SPD to adjust it to the new TS selected by Peer B if accept
them?

Thanks (anticipaded) for your responses.

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 07:33:17 -0700

> A update its SPD to adjust it to the new TS selected by Peer B if accept

No.  SA's also have traffic selectors, and a single SPD rule may
correspond to multiple SA's.  IKE is typically invoked to instantiate a
new SA when outbound traffic hits in the SPD but misses in the SADB.

						- Bill

---

From: Alejandro Pérez Méndez<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 19:49:25 +0200

> new SA when outbound traffic hits in the SPD but misses in the SADB.
Thanks, but now i have a new problem. 
If SA's also have traffic selectors, how can i set them? I have read PF_KEY 
v2 spec several times and i haven't found nothing about it.
Thanks
_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec