Subject: [Ipsec] (no subject)

From: "Ravi Prasad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:03:36 +0530

Hi,

The following lines are from the draft "draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-17.txt"

3.15.1 Configuration Attributes
 
                           1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      !R|         Attribute Type      !            Length             |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                                                               |
      ~                             Value                             ~
      |                                                               |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
 
               Figure 23:  Configuration Attribute Format
 
   o  Reserved (1 bit) - This bit MUST be set to zero and MUST be
      ignored on receipt.
 
   o  Attribute Type (7 bits) - A unique identifier for each of the
      Configuration Attribute Types.
 
   o  Length (2 octets) - Length in octets of Value.
 
   o  Value (0 or more octets) - The variable length value of this
      Configuration Attribute.

The size of "attribute type" in the packet format is shown as 15 bits
and in the explanation it is given as 7 bits.

My assumption is that it is 15 bits as whatever the value follows is
properly aligned with this length.

Kindly clarify whether this assumption is right?

Thanks and regards

Ravi Prasad

#####################################################################
This Email Message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and May contain CONFIDENTIAL and PRIVILEGED information.
LG Soft India will not be responisible for any viruses or defects or
any forwarded attachements emanating either from within
LG Soft India or outside. Any unauthorised review , use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not intentded
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all
copies of the original message.
#####################################################################

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:40:13 +0300

Yes, 15 bits is the correct value, see e.g.
http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsec/mail-archive/msg01779.html
and draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-clarifications-03, Section 5.1.

Best regards,
Pasi

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ravi Prasad
> Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 5:34 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Ipsec] (no subject)
> 
> 
> Hi,
> The size of "attribute type" in the packet format is shown as 15
> bits and in the explanation it is given as 7 bits.  My assumption is
> that it is 15 bits as whatever the value follows is properly aligned
> with this length.
>