Subject: [Ipsec] draft-mcgrew-aes-gmac-esp-00

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:32:03 -0400

David McGrew and John Viega have requested publication of an IPsec ESP 
cipher specification that uses AES GMAC.  The specification can be found at:

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcgrew-aes-gmac-esp-00.txt

Please let me know about any concerns that you might have with this 
specification in the next two weeks.

Russ 

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:51:23 +0300

> specification in the next two weeks.

I have one question relating to the test vectors. The draft says
"Appendix B of [GCM] provides test vectors that will assist
implementers with AES-GMAC.", but if I read the GCM
(http://csrc.nist.gov/CryptoToolkit/modes/proposedmodes/gcm/gcm-spec.pdf)
document correctly the appendix B does not have any single test case
where the additional data data would have some data and where the
actual plaintext to cipher zero.

Also should we have test vectors in this document and not to refer
some article. The test vectors in the GCM document is more or less for
testing the cipher itself, they are not really very good test vectors
for the GMAC-ESP.
-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:11:25 -0400

Good catch.  I have requested that the authors include test vectors.

Russ