Subject: [Ipsec] draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:45:37 -0700

hi all,

draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec-03 describes how IKEv2 and rfc2401bis
can be used with MIPv6 for securing MIPv6 signaling messages.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec-03

this draft is under a WG last call in the MIP6 WG right now.

it would be great if some of you could review this draft and
provide comments.

thanks
Vijay

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:46:58 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

   
   
=> to summary my concerns about the I-D for IPsec people: we have
the choice between a 2401bis/IKEv2 version of RFC 3776 or a really
new document which is based on 2401bis/IKEv2 and ignores the RFC 3776.
Publics are not the same: in the one case it is for guys who have already
implemented RFC 3776 and would like to go to 2401bis/IKEv2, in the
other case it is for future implementors who will directly go to 2401bis/
IKEv2. As it seems the first population is very small, I prefer the
second choice so:
 - more terminology from 2401bis should be used, for instance:
   * local/remote in place of source/destination
   * protect with in place of use
 - an annex specifying the SPD entries in the ASN.1 format from 2401bis
   should be added (I am ready to help but if someone has a parser/
   checker for this it will be very useful).

Regards

[email-masked]