Subject: RE: [Ipsec] Easy issues from the IKEv2 clarifications document

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:06:50 +0300

Francis Dupont wrote:
   
>    This is the way IPv6 stateless configuration works, but IKEv2
>    configuration payloads involve state at the responder, and 
>    are IMHO closer to DHCPv6 (which doesn't have this functionality).
>    
> => but DHCPv6 has IA_TA (the functionality is the RFC 3041 one).

Hmm, you're right, temporary addresses for privacy reasons might
be one good reason to use this feature (requesting particular
interface identifier but not prefix). 

So it seems the text in clarifications-06 is basically right about
this, but should have an additional example explaining why this
feature was done this way. I'll try to write something...

Best regards,
Pasi

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec