Subject: RE: [Ipsec] PFS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:08:59 +0200

Alejandro Perez Mendez wrote:

> > Note, that in the RFC2401bis you do not create AH + ESP with
> > that kind of exchang. Instead you create AH as a separate
> > exchange and put traffic selectors to be ESP, and then create
> > the ESP SA separately with real traffic selectors.
> 
> I know it, but IKEv2 support this feature and I'm interesting in 
> a IKEv2 over RFC 2401 implementation.

There is currently no such thing as "IKEv2 over RFC 2401": 
the IKEv2 base specification requires 2401bis.

(I guess it would be possible to write an "IKEv2-for-2401" spec
that would specify some RFC2401-only extensions to IKEv2, but I'm 
not sure why you would want to do that.)

Best regards,
Pasi

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec