Subject: [Ipsec] Moving RFC 1829 (ESP DES-CBC transform) to Historic

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:34:25 -0500

draft-ietf-newtrk-decruft-experiment-02 describes the results of an 
experiment.  Many Proposed Standards are identified that ought to be 
moved to Historic.  The document says:

    One additional document, RFC 1829, the ESP DES-CBC transform, was
    suggested for Historic status, but in this case, the group consensus
    is that the community would benefit from a separate document
    describing the security implications of using this algorithm.

Is anyone willing to write the proposed document?

Russ

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: "Scott G. Kelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:56:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi Russ,

I'd be willing to contribute to this effort.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Sent: Dec 14, 2005 2:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ipsec] Moving RFC 1829 (ESP DES-CBC transform) to Historic

Russ