Subject: [Ipsec] IKEv2 clarifications -07: request for final comments

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:28:02 -0800

Greetings again. The latest version of the IKEv2 clarifications draft 
has been published at 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-clarifications-07.txt>.

Pasi and I believe that this one may be nearly ready for IETF-wide 
last call. Thus, we would like people on this list to take another 
careful look at the document before we ask for that wider review.

In particular, we would like folks to review section 4.1 and section 
5.1, where we have clarified the use of KEi and KEr; also, please 
read section 5.13 for this. Also, please read all subsections of 
section 5.12 to see if we have covered all the cases that have been 
brought to the list; the topic is long and messy, but it will 
certainly have an impact on interoperability when we see more IKEv2 
deployments. Section 7.13 is also new.

Of course, we would appreciate it if any IKEv2 developer can do a 
full review, not just of the changed sections. After this round, we 
intend to remove section 8 (the status section) and all the 
placeholder sections in the document.

We would like to ask for AD review and IETF last call in 
approximately two weeks from now. Please comment here before then. 
Thanks in advance!

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:40:39 -0800

[[ Pasi and I would love to believe that the document needs no 
changes, but we wanted to give another nudge. The "two weeks" below 
is now "one week". Please review thoroughly. Thanks! ]]

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium