Subject: [Ipsec] Protocol Action: 'The AES-CMAC-96 Algorithm and its use with IPsec' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:37:15 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The AES-CMAC-96 Algorithm and its use with IPsec '
    <draft-songlee-aes-cmac-96-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-songlee-aes-cmac-96-04.txt

Technical Summary

   National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has recently
   specified the Cipher based MAC (CMAC).  This document specifies the
   use of CMAC mode as the authentication mechanism of IPsec
   Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)
   protocols.  This algorithm is referred to as AES-CMAC-96.

Working Group Summary

   This document is an individual submission.  It is not affiliated with
   any IETF Working Group.

Protocol Quality

   The AES-CMAC is one of choices for the message authentication code
   (MAC) and key derivation function (KDF) supported in IEEE 802.16e.  We
   believe that AES-CMAC has been implemented by INTEL, Runcom and
   SAMSUNG for their IEEE 802.16e-compliant products.  We believe that
   other vendors develop or have developed AES-CMAC for their IEEE
   802.16e-compliant products.

   This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec