Subject: [Ipsec] Protocol OPAQUE in SPD matches specific protocol in packet?

From: "He, Wenxiao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:17:10 -0800

Hello,

I have a question on OPAQUE. My understanding is that protocol OPAQUE in
SPD does NOT match the specific protocol in packet. However in RFC4301
"4.4.2.2.  Relationship between SPD, PFP flag, packet, and SAD" there is
such an example:

         protocol  list of prot's*   0  prot. "P"    list of prot's*
                   ANY**             0  prot. "P"    ANY
                   OPAQUE****        0  prot. "P"    OPAQUE
<=== ???

The above line should not result in a creating of SA entry because the
protocol "P" does not match "OPAQUE" in the SPD, correct? Shouldn't it
be changed to something like:

                   OPAQUE****        0  prot. "P"    <SPD/packet not
match>

Thanks,
Wenxiao

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec