Subject: [Ipsec] A question about Combined Mode Algorithms

From: Liu Ya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:10:34 +0800

Hi all,

I have a question about "Combined Mode Algorithms" metioned in 3.2.3 of RFC4303. But IKEv2, RFC4306, does not provide any transforms about that type of algorithms. Can you tell me if there is standard combined mode algorithm for ESP? If any, how to use it in ESP? Negotiate with IKEv2? 

Thanks.

Liu Ya
_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:54:38 +0300

Hi,

There are currently two combined-mode algorithms for ESP, AES-CCM 
(RFC 4309) and AES-GCM (RFC 4106). In IKEv2, they're negotiated as
encryption algorithms: for example, to propose "AES CCM with an
8-octet ICV", you would include one type 1 transform (encryption
algorithm) with value 14 (and the key length attribute), but no 
type 3 transforms (integrity algorithm).

Best regards,
Pasi

-----Original Message-----
> From: ext Liu Ya [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 21 June, 2006 12:11
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Ipsec] A question about Combined Mode Algorithms
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about "Combined Mode Algorithms" metioned in 3.2.3
> of RFC4303. But IKEv2, RFC4306, does not provide any transforms
> about that type of algorithms. Can you tell me if there is standard
> combined mode algorithm for ESP? If any, how to use it in ESP?
> Negotiate with IKEv2?
>
> Thanks.
> Liu Ya

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:27:02 -0400

See RFC 4309, which is the first combined mode specification that was
published.  Also see RFC 4106, which is the second combined mode
specification that was pubished.

Russ

At 05:10 AM 6/21/2006, Liu Ya wrote:

Hi all,

I have a question about
"Combined Mode Algorithms" metioned in 3.2.3 of RFC4303. But
IKEv2, RFC4306, does not provide any transforms about that type of
algorithms. Can you tell me if there is standard combined mode algorithm
for ESP? If any, how to use it in ESP? Negotiate with IKEv2?

Thanks.

Liu Ya

Ipsec mailing list

[email-masked]

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:55:28 -0400

>combined mode algorithm for ESP? If any, how to use it in ESP? 

RFCs 4106 and 4309 define examples combined modes for use with ESP.

Steve