Subject: [Ipsec] Last Call: 'Multiple Authentication Exchanges in IKEv2' to Experimental RFC (draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-multiple-auth)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:18:31 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document:

- 'Multiple Authentication Exchanges in IKEv2 '
    <draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-multiple-auth-01.txt> as an Experimental RFC

IKEv2 supports several mechanisms for authenticating the parties,
including signatures with public-key certificates, shared secrets, and
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) methods.  Currently, each
endpoint uses only one of these mechanisms to authenticate itself.
This document specifies an extension to IKEv2 that allows the use of
multiple authentication exchanges, either using different mechanisms
or the same mechanism.

The document has been stable for some time.  It is also a 3GPP
dependency for their "WLAN Interworking - Private Network access from
WLAN 3GPP IP Access" work item.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-07-24.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-multiple-auth-01.tx
t

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec