Subject: [Ipsec] IKEV2, INTERNAL_IP4_DHCP

From: venkyee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:29:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I would like some clarificaiton on IKEV2 CP for INTERNAL_IP4_DHCP.

My host would like to recieve the DHCP options information such as SIP
servers(120 , SIP Servers DHCP Option  N    SIP Servers DHCP Option              
[RFC3361] )

Considering the RFC 4306:
      o  INTERNAL_IP4_DHCP, INTERNAL_IP6_DHCP - Instructs the host to
         send any internal DHCP requests to the address contained within
         the attribute.  Multiple DHCP servers MAY be requested.  The
         responder MAY respond with zero or more DHCP server attributes.

It says, host can send dhcp requests to the address in  INTERNAL_IP4_DHCP.
However the Dchp requests can only be sent to server during 
1. DHCPREQUEST generated during RENEWING state
2. DHCPREQUEST generated during INIT-REBOOT state 
3. DHCPREQUEST generated during SELECTING state

Can anyone throw light on:

a. If dhcp request has to be performed it must be done once after the IKEv2
AUTH? 
b. If my host recieve the DHCP address, is it a over head to receive the IP
address? 
c. I think there should be CP ( INTERNAL_DHCP_OPTIONS). Since the DHCP
binding is done by the DHCP client at the other end of tunnel which is on
the remote leg.
d. If not, how to retrieve the DHCP options.

thanks for your clarifications.
_Venkyee

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/IKEV2%2C-INTERNAL_IP4_DHCP-tf2379330.html#a6630902
Sent from the IETF - Ipsec mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec